Locking Luggage

wendy123

I saw a post where it was stated that Carnival prefers the luggage to be locked. Can anyone else confirm this for me?

I know that in airports all luggage must remain unlocked so I assumed cruise ships followed those guidelines as well.

I usually do not lock my luggage.

Thanks so much for your help!;)

Lock your luggage. Airports need access for security post 9-11, cruise ships don't. Best locks are TSA compliant, then you don't have to mess with unlocking for plane and relocking for ship.

Just bought mine from www.sharperimage.com I think www.magellans.com has some also. If airport screeners cut them, you get a replacement for free. Best purchase I made.

Can anyone else confirm this for me?

Confirmation can be found on Carnival's website, as well in the information booklet they send with your documents, and in their big brochures. They don't merely suggest you lock it, they say to make sure you LOCK your luggage before handing it over to the porters at the pier, AND before leaving it in the hall the night before debarkation. (The porters are not Carnival employees.) Lock it.

Zip ties worked great for us too....just remember to leave something OUT of the luggage to cut the ties with. (Not like me...and packed the clippers in the suitcase) I had to run around the halls looking for someone that had something so I could cut them. How Aggrevating!

We just use the TSA compliant locks. If TSA opens your luggage with their key, they put a note inside.

We got the locks at WalMart for about $5 each. They're combo locks but TSA has a key they can use if they want to.

They have them at Target too, I bought two in a pack for $8.99...they have them in neon green, black or gold...

Barb

I always make sure they are locked before the porter gets his hands on them, lol...before I had tsa locks..

Archived