RCCL excursion question: Serenade

We're on the May 29, 2016, Serenade of the Seas Baltics cruise. We have some OBC that I'm looking to use. Looking at the RCCL excursion called "Stockholm on Your Own." It's five hours, about $50 per person, and visits the Vasa museum and Old Town, both of which we want to do, plus a third stop that I don't remember at the moment.

Has anyone done this tour? The description is vague on details: do you get on a tour bus where the ship is docked? And is admission to the Vasa museum included? (I'm thinking that due to the low cost of this excursion, it's probably just the transportation and not any admission costs.)

Thanks for any insight.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you asked this question. We're on the same cruise and I was looking at the excursions today - there's not a great deal of information on many of them. Pity you haven't had an answer.

Since you are planning to use OBC, question probably is moot - take the RCI tour. But take a look at the Stockholm card. We went to Vasa, Skansen, several palace museums and took several tour buses and water taxis in about the same time for around $66. We bought the card online before going. The problem with an "on your own" tour is that museum entries generally are not included and these add up fast. Vasa and the palace are $35 total by themselves. Their web site lists costs of museum entries all in one place.

Note that the ship is likely docked NE of town and you need a bus or train to get there and back if you don't have a tour that drops you off in town. Lots of folks just take the train into town. Stockholm card has an add-on that covers all buses and trains but might not be a cost-effective for you.