Western Carribbean, Help with Cozumel excursion

Dizneycruiser4

We are scheduled to depart on November 5, 2005, 7 night western carribbean. My husband and I have cruised twice before. This will be the first with our boys, 6 & 3. We are still debating shore excursions in Cozumel. Do we book private through cozumelcruiseexcursions, for their island tour or do we catch a cab to either paradise island or chankanaab.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

Amy:confused:

I agree with the great beaches on the east side, vossjemi! :) We enjoyed stopping on the side of the road exploring the beautiful beaches. If at all possible try to rent a jeep. Cozumel allows the tops to be removed or folded down, which is nice. St. Johns has a whole set of different rules.

After you pick the jeep up, make a right right and don’t stop…keep driving past the residential areas…the deserted beaches are indeed awesome! You’ll go thru a long stretch of road, in which we named ‘Weyerhaeuser’s Dream’ but once it opens up…you will be in awe! There are a few places you can stop at for drinks, snacks and crafts! Remaining on that road, will eventually circle you back to downtown Cozumel. Plus, the rental agency will give you a driving map. For some reason, they tried to discourage us from driving the entire island! Glad we didn't listen...;)

Also, try to reserve the jeep while stateside as you will get a better rate! We were able to reserve one beforehand for $45…as opposed to the $92 walk up rate.

Enjoy!

C

The dune-buggy excursion booked through a non-Disney website was incredible (just returned 2 weeks ago). It's a little rough and requires that one adult be able to drive a stick-shift. The scenery, snorkeling, and food are wonderful. Just a note of caution, this may be too rough and intense for the kids!!!

We are scheduled to depart on November 5, 2005, 7 night western carribbean. My husband and I have cruised twice before. This will be the first with our boys, 6 & 3. We are still debating shore excursions in Cozumel. Do we book private through cozumelcruiseexcursions, for their island tour or do we catch a cab to either paradise island or chankanaab.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

Amy:confused:

I'm also new to these boards and have found the "Port of Call" thread very helpful with excursions. You can select the port and see the different reviews of the many, many excursions offered. These are a great group of people and offer priceless advice. Look around, you won't be sorry. Right now I have definitely decided on booking my own excursions, now I've just got to decide which one! Good luck, and HTH ;)

We just got back from a Carnival Glory cruise that went to Cozumel. We booked a snorkeling excursion through Eagle Ray Divers and it was fantastic! If you want to go to Chakanaub Park, you can just take a taxi there. It will cost $10 or less to take the taxi, and I think it is $10 a person to get in the park. You can rent snorkeling gear and other equipment there at a reasonable price. They have a beautiful beach to relax on. They have mock-ups of Mayan ruins that look very realistic. They also have dolphin encounters. It's a LOT cheaper than going through the ship excursions.

By the way, one thing to be careful of when you get off the ship. If someone approaches you about using their resort for swimming, snorkeling, etc. don't be sucked in - it's a time-share scheme. That didn't happen to us this time, but two years ago we wasted several hours at El Cid.

Hope this helps.

LisaRae

Archived