Breakaway 4/17/16 out of NY

funkqwita

HI, just wanted to get any tips tricks that would be helpful. Haven't cruised in many years. I'm staying in a mini suite with my husband and two kids 3 &15. Any info and advice would be helpful. Also curious about the upsell to a haven. Thanks!:)

When boarding the ship, they will send you to the buffet for lunch. One main dining room will be opened, and it is a much better relaxing way to start your cruise. O'SHEEHANS will also be opened and is another good option.

Safe sailing

Hmmmmmm, tips and tricks....get the spa pass for yourself! :p.

The pass is 179 if purchased online ahead of time and 199 once onboard.

Read the freestyle daily completely. Look for the times when they offer the buffet breakfast in Moderno...usually during days at sea...much less noisy than the regular buffet and much less crowded...until everyone else figures it out!

Check out Uptown Grill...another nice location to eat until people figure out it is there as well.

If you know you want to definitely do something....then do it the first chance possible. For example....if you want to do the ropes course....do not wait until later on...as later on might be yucky weather and it is not open.

Although we made it to Great Stirrup Cay on the 2/21/16 sailing, there are weeks where the ship does not make it due to high seas or to unsafe weather/waters for tendering ashore. Be prepared in case it happens to not be majorly disappointed. If you do make it there...oh my goodness....save room in your tummy for the ribs served! Be sure to explore the island as that is usually the best stop of the entire trip!

Attend at least one or two outdoor evening parties in Spice H2O...they are a lot fun and there is nothing like dancing outside with an Atlantic breeze keeping you cool!

Expect the worst at debarkation and hope for the best. Sometimes the lines off the ship flow smoothly and sometimes it is chaotic due to hold ups on shore. No matter what Norwegian asks of their passengers...which is to not line up in stairwells, people still do because the lines off can get that long. I do not think passenger do it on purpose....it is just where they end up at the end of lines. If there is large line once you get off the ship to check out through immigration...it is totally worth hiring a porter...they bypass the lines and get you to an agent...they are all in it together so be sure to tip them because it is not for free.

Lastly...try not to fight as a family. It can stressful when all are preparing to go back home after a full week os stimulation. Others can hear through the doorways and through the walls...;)

Have a great trip!

OH! I almost forgot! If you stand on the waterfront in the very back of ship while in Port Canaveral (the stern must face the bar/restaurant nearby) on the starboard side...you can call your friend back home...have them go onto the port Canaveral web cam...and you can wave to them! You will just be little dots but me and my siblings all called our spouses/children back home and they got a kick out of seeing us on the webcam!

coka

Edited by coka