Med. Cruise observations from 9/21

I have read a lot of postings on Europe and this particular cruise and other information on Cruise Critic and I would like the opportunity to disagree with some of the information. I just finished the above cruise and it was a wonderful time. Great weather, great seas, great ship, great food, great service, etc. I had read on this site that you could not use or it was not widely accepted American Express in Italy. However, every purchase that I made I made with American Express. Of the shops that I visited in Florence, Rome, Venice, etc. I used it everywhere. Also a brief observation about the toilets. If you are on your own, maybe you can't find them but the one advantage to taking the RCCL tours is that the bathrooms they provide on tour are great. They were clean, normal bathrooms with tissue. The only bathrooms on our trip that didn't measure up were the ones at JFK airport in New York. The people everywhere were very friendly and we had no langauge problems at all. Everyone spoke English. It was the trip of a lifetime and we both enjoyed it very much and would recommend it to anyone.

NR

Glad RCCL pre-inspects the quality of the restrooms! Some of the ones we visited on our Italian shore excursions lacked toilet seats, and one cafe was missing the toilet entirely (there was a squatting hole in the restroom floor). And in Lucca, there was an automated toilet that's self-cleaning, so if you're unsure of what a particular button does and you don't read Italian, DON'T press it, otherwise, you'll come out wet (but smelling like lavender)!!! :eek:

Archived