Carnival Paradise thermostats in cabins?

capricorn548

The Fantasy class has a rheostat in the ceiling. Turn it to keep the cold from coming in.

I'm short, so it's either standing on the chair or getting the steward to help me.

Edited by SadieN

The Fantasy class has a rheostat in the ceiling. Turn it to keep the cold from coming in.

I'm short, so it's either standing on the chair or getting the steward to help me.

Or when it doesn't seem to be working, they remove the whole gizmo from the vent, and you have a big hole in your ceiling the entire week.

The two cabins we've had on the Paradise the temp. control was in the ceiling...normally I'm not cold but a few times we had to turn it to block air flow for awhile...then you can turn it back to allow more air in ....

I was on Paradise two weeks ago. Our room had the adjustment on the center of the ceiling others have noted. I'm tall enough to reach it and turn it. However, no matter how I turned it, nothing changed.

I agree with this. Turning that knob in the ceiling doesn't seem to do anything. Air flow does not change (actually there's almost no air flow). You shouldn't worry about being cold in Carnival cabins though. Their cabins are always too warm.

We had no problem getting the room cool enough..in fact, everytime my sister and I left the cabin my other sister turned down the air using the knob in the ceiling...by the time we came back it would be freezing in there! (we were in M165 in Feb)