Beach break without Alcohol?

jbobst

We are looking for a place in Cozumel to spend half a day during our cruise in May. I like the idea of Nache Cocom (nice beach, pool, and limited number of guests), but the price is a bit high, since really no one in my family drinks (except me, and even then it's not much). My 70 year father and my wife don't drink and I'll be bringing my two kids (ages 15 and 18), as well as my daughters 17 year old friend. The beach at Nache Cocom looks nice, and the pool as well, but for $55 a person, it doesn't make financial sense. We also probably only want to spend 3-4 hours at a beach location before we head back to the ship.

Also, I'd like someplace with decent beach snorkeling, and Nache Cocom doesn't appear to have the best snorkeling.

I was doing some research into Chankanaab park, and from what I can tell you pay the admission fee, and then just pay for food and drink as you go. Chankanaab looks like it has better snorkeling, but there really isn't a beach (due to the rocky shoreline).

Any recommendations for a decent beach getaway that isn't an all inclusive and decent snorkeling? We probably won't eat lunch there, and may just get a few sodas.

There is a nice but small beach at Chank, plus the separate snorkel area plus a small pool - sounds like a good fit for your family.

None of the popular beach clubs - Nachi, Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach, or Playa Mia -- will offer good snorkeling from the beach. The sand and waves cloud the water and without rocks/reefs there is no where for the little fish to thrive.

Unless your teens are very sedate they would be bored at Nachi - no water toys, no music, etc. Chank will give them lots more to see and do.

Edited by JohninDC

Also, I'd like someplace with decent beach snorkeling, and Nache Cocom doesn't appear to have the best snorkeling.

I was doing some research into Chankanaab park, and from what I can tell you pay the admission fee, and then just pay for food and drink as you go. Chankanaab looks like it has better snorkeling, but there really isn't a beach (due to the rocky shoreline).

Any recommendations for a decent beach getaway that isn't an all inclusive and decent snorkeling? We probably won't eat lunch there, and may just get a few sodas.

Money Bar. Was there last week and it is still as nice as ever. No fee for loungers. Great snorkeling (rent or bring your own gear), stairs with railing to enter the water and loungers are in the sand with a back filled retaining wall. No pressure to order. Clean bathrooms and freshwater shower. Order a drink or two and a plate of Nachos to share and it makes for a really cheap day. The guacamole (you can order a whole big plate) with chips is my favorite.

Our taxi driver tried to talk us out of it. Not sure what the drivers have against this place but we love it. We have never seen it really crowded either.

Check out the pictures on their web-site.

I would also recommend Money Bar. The snorkeling is where boats come bring their clients, and you can just swim out there from the shore. It is the same type of snorkeling as Chankanaab. I have been to Money Bar the last 3 times at Cozumel. If you want to snorkel from the shore, you will be using the rock stair steps. I just had Dr Peppers to drink this weekend time, as the night before was a rough drinking night for me. The DP was in a 12 oz can and they brought me ice in a cup. The guacamole was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk