Lost our Darned Minds

DenaInWyo

"Yep, lost your mind. But, isn't it fun!"

Very fun :D

So I'm reading what you're all saying about the Carnival shuttle, and while I realize not everyone has a bad time of it, the majority who have posted did :( I think I'm going to look for other options. I think I saw a recommendation or two earlier in the thread so I'll check those out, but if anyone else has a good service in mind, I'm all ears. (er..eyeballs?)

Also nice to hear so many enjoy the Liberty! The pictures I've seen look lovely.

Thanks everyone for the advice and so nicely sharing my excitement :)

So. I'm not as brave as I thought.

I just can't fly in the same day. It's just tempting fate. Thank goodness for Southwest and being able to change flights. I got a decent one for the day before. It will cost an additional $117 but well worth the peace of mind.

I also went and canceled the Carnival shuttle and booked with Galveston Express. It's $50 cheaper round trip and I have hope that I won't be sitting in the airport for 3 hours.

I could not find a suitable plan for getting to Galveston to spend the night, so we are just going to spend the night in Houston, then return to the airport to catch the shuttle. Absolute worst case scenario is something wrong with the shuttle and then I still have the (expensive) emergency option of getting a cab. While insanely expensive, it's at least a lot more doable than a canceled flight in Denver!

Booked a cheap hotel in Houston..it's just one night.

At the rate I'm rearranging things, we might be cruising to Alaska instead of Cozumel by the time we actually get on the boat :D

But anyway, if anyone sees any holes in my plan, fire away. Thanks for the sounding board and advice!