New Menus on QE?

Too Young for Cunard

Does anyone know if the new menus that were introduced in the grills on QE last year, with the much reduced a la carte, are still in use and are they still to be rolled out on the other two ships this year?

I have looked at the sample menus on the website and they look wonderful; they are the old menus with extensive a la carte, and all of the favourites such as beef wellington and baked alaska; even caviar as an appetizer. I don't recall Caviar and blinis as an appetizer when in Queens Grill a couple of years ago... Call me cynical, but it would not surprise me if the superior old menus were left as examples on the website whilst the new ones are offered on board.

If anyone has any examples of current menus, in all restaurants on all 3 ships it would be appreciated :)

Friends recently returned from a two week trip on QE in QG.

They did remark that the a la carte menu was much reduced, and, strangely, it changed half way through their cruise.

Ordering off menu has not changed.

Stewart

We were in QG on QE over Christmas. There are now three a la carte menus which rotate on a roughly 7/10 day basis. We experienced two of them. Yes they are smaller than previously, but they are also more varied and therefore more interesting - at least to me, OOAA. In addition the daily dinner menus have improved significantly with a greater number of entrees, a pre dessert and two Cunard Signature Classics every night. These include many familiar dishes from the old a la carte menu.

Overall, I felt the food was much improved with the quality of ingredients noticeably better and the cooking much sharper. As Stewart points out, ordering off menu is still available - albeit they do now insist on being given reasonable notice. I was told that Cunard have spent significantly on improving the Grills food - not before time in my view. My own view is that this has been money well spent and Grills dining is close to fulfilling the Cunard claim that it is "the finest at sea".

We were in QG on QE over Christmas. There are now three a la carte menus which rotate on a roughly 7/10 day basis. We experienced two of them. Yes they are smaller than previously, but they are also more varied and therefore more interesting - at least to me, OOAA. In addition the daily dinner menus have improved significantly with a greater number of entrees, a pre dessert and two Cunard Signature Classics every night. These include many familiar dishes from the old a la carte menu.

Overall, I felt the food was much improved with the quality of ingredients noticeably better and the cooking much sharper. As Stewart points out, ordering off menu is still available - albeit they do now insist on being given reasonable notice. I was told that Cunard have spent significantly on improving the Grills food - not before time in my view. My own view is that this has been money well spent and Grills dining is close to fulfilling the Cunard claim that it is "the finest at sea".

That is great to hear. I was concerned it was just more carnival penny pinching, but this is very reassuring.

I would certainly agree with Fifer. I felt the change of menu was long overdue and was very impressed with the quality/choices. Much improved in my opinion.

The new menu didn't go down so well with everyone, though. One couple told me that they were so disappointed with the changed menu that they asked to see the menus in advance and ordered off menu most evenings.