split to trogir...

timandnancy

Not a ton of info online. But I see you can get to Trogir by bus and by boat. Can anyone give me the pro's and con's of each one?? I'd like to do this on my own, so I can spend as much time in Trogir as I want. And if anyone did this, was it worth the hassle?

Thanks!

Tim

We did both cities on a ship tour while on a Celebrity cruise, so I don't know how to do it on your own. Trogir is certainly worth visiting; but just leave enough time to visit the Diocletian’s Palace in Split. Split is a great port stop.

Have you thought of looking for a private transfer from a local agency in Split? We did a land based holiday in the Balkans last September and spent 4 nights in Split. Trogir was a nice afternoon trip. It was about an hour by car. We had a private guide.

We rarely use the ship's tours. They are overpriced and too crowded. There are exceptions: Cinque Terre was fine, but we really prefer to make our own arrangements. That way we are in control of how we spend the time.

We used Secret Dalmatia for our arrangements in Croatia. Maybe they could make some suggestions for local drivers and guides from Split.