Verizon Smart Rewards

Does anyone have experience booking on the Verizon Wireless website using Verizon Smart Rewards for a cruise? I'm not talking about purchasing gift cards/certificates for certain amounts but actually using their services? I never use my Smart Rewards and see where I can book our cruise on Freedom of Seas for July, still receive the current $100 OBC credit promotion through Royal Caribbean but save $340 from booking with Royal Caribbean directly on a JS. Thanks for any comments.

Jill

Never, usually use JetBlue cruises to book as they give me 2 points for every $ spent, but I am interested in the replies to this thread, I have ALLOT of Verizon points to get rid of.

TG

I will follow this as well to get rid of my points too :D

I appreciate the link but it talks about the certificates which I'm not using. I have several hundred thousand points just sitting on my account with Verizon. Not planning on booking anything until May but going to watch Royal's website and do mock bookings to check on savings. Hey, $380 plus the $100 on board credit is better than what Royal Caribbean offers when they have sales!

I appreciate the link but it talks about the certificates which I'm not using. I have several hundred thousand points just sitting on my account with Verizon. Not planning on booking anything until May but going to watch Royal's website and do mock bookings to check on savings. Hey, $380 plus the $100 on board credit is better than what Royal Caribbean offers when they have sales!

I believe the rewards gets you the certificates not gift cards. The last I looked anyway.

May need to reveiw the rewards program.

I used Verizon Smart Rewards to book our cruise in October. So far no problems. When you pay your deposit you can pay as much as you want - I noticed that you can't make partial payments - your next payment has to be for the remaining balance of the cruise. I think when you book through Royal Caribbean, you have the option of making payments up until the final payment date.

Our booking shows up under our Royal Caribbean account.

• 2 months later...
I used Verizon Smart Rewards to book our cruise in October. So far no problems. When you pay your deposit you can pay as much as you want - I noticed that you can't make partial payments - your next payment has to be for the remaining balance of the cruise. I think when you book through Royal Caribbean, you have the option of making payments up until the final payment date.

Our booking shows up under our Royal Caribbean account.

Hi! Hopefully you will see this message soon as we are looking to book now saving about 10% on the cruise price using Verizon Smart Rewards Points. I have tons more points but they will only let you apply a certain amount to the cruise price.

Did all go well with your booking? Once booked...who do you deal with? The cruise line or Verizon?

HLR