Accessible cabin question

ahillig1

Hi all! New to the forums :) I've found so much helpful info just from lurking and I'm SO grateful this site exists! My DH and I booked our delayed honeymoon on the Conquest and are in cabin 6206. We are fully aware of the noise from the door and the peeping Tom types so that's not a surprise. We have train tracks right outside our condo so we're accustomed to noise.

If they need this cabin to accommodate a guest needing the accessibility features what is Carnival's standard way to handle this? Will we be upgraded or do we have the chance of being downgraded? Just wondering so I kinda know what to expect.

My last cruise was when I was in jr high almost 20 years ago we were over the stabilizers and I didn't want to be on a lower deck again (we sailed on Sensation).

Hi all! New to the forums :) I've found so much helpful info just from lurking and I'm SO grateful this site exists! My DH and I booked our delayed honeymoon on the Conquest and are in cabin 6206. We are fully aware of the noise from the door and the peeping Tom types so that's not a surprise. We have train tracks right outside our condo so we're accustomed to noise.

If they need this cabin to accommodate a guest needing the accessibility features what is Carnival's standard way to handle this? Will we be upgraded or do we have the chance of being downgraded? Just wondering so I kinda know what to expect.

My last cruise was when I was in jr high almost 20 years ago we were over the stabilizers and I didn't want to be on a lower deck again (we sailed on Sensation).

In my confirmation paperwork for a similar situation, it states, "Please know should the need arise to accommodate one of our wheelchair guests, Carnival reserves the right to move you to an alternate cabin of equal value."

It really depends on what cabins are available when the need arises. You cannot be downgraded, so you'd be moved to a cabin of at least the same category as you're currently booked in.

Congratulations on your return to cruising!

Thanks! I saw that too, I'm curious to know if it has happened to anyone. Some places will try to downgrade you (hotel w/ 2 fulls when you request a king, rental car etc) just wanted to make sure Carnival doesn't try to do that.