Room Service CCL vs NCL

sharkaymon

A friend just returned from a NCL cruise and we were discussing the cutbacks on NCL, specifically the rm svc menu. She said that you can only order a pot of coffee at no charge during the morning hours. After that there is an $8 charge and I believe she said that was pp:eek:

I know there are changes to the rm svc menu on CCL but what about this? Is there a charge for a pot of coffee after the morning hours?

She said once they saw this they started going up to the Lido and getting coffee and bringing it back down to their cabin. Not a pot of coffee, just cups.

That was one of the things we liked about rm svc. Coffee in the afternoon on the balcony or late at night after returning from entertainment. WITHOUT HAVING TO GO GET IT MYSELF!

As I understand it most of CCL's room service menu is still complimentary, including coffee but they do offer some surcharge items as well. IMO this is the way NCL should have gone instead of $7.95 for a room service order (I think it is per order, not per person, but I've been wrong before. Just ask DW:o.)

In our experience, on Carnival, room service takes too long. You can walk to the lido deck and be back with whatever you want faster. The morning coffee is always great and on time though. Not a big issue for us though as we rarely want or need anything from room service.

As I understand it most of CCL's room service menu is still complimentary, including coffee but they do offer some surcharge items as well. IMO this is the way NCL should have gone instead of $7.95 for a room service order (I think it is per order, not per person, but I've been wrong before. Just ask DW:o.)

$7.95 per order not per person :D Continental breakfast still free on NCL.