Suite Lovers..Please chime in!

Lil2Angelic

I've had Vista suites on both the Miracle and the Legend and it is by far my most favorite room. For me personally it is worth it but that is me. I love the extended balcony and the room. Enjoy it and have a great trip.

I haven't been on a ship that has vista suites but I hope to be on one and book one some day. We have our second grand suite with an extended balcony on the Sensation. It's a nice quiet room and a beautiful balcony! Can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Caution: Cruising in Suites is addictive! Our first cruise on CCL, we booked a Balcony Cabin on the Carnival Spirit to Alaska. The Cabin was very nice and we really enjoyed the cruise. Our next cruise, we "splurged" and booked a Grand Suite on the Carnival Elation on a REPO cruise through the Panama Canal. We were permanently HOOKED! On all our cruises since, we have booked Suites on Spirit Class ships. Ocean Suites on these ships is a nice compromise between Grand Suites and Balcony Cabins. Ocean Suites are larger than Balcony Cabins with more "hidden" amenities such as a full bathroom, dressing room and more storage to mention a few. Although, you get less space in an Ocean Suite than a Grand Suite; the cost is significantly less--and cost is a major factor when booking a cruise. We booked a Vista Suite on the Carnival Miracle on a cruise to Alaska and it was literally the "best seat in the house" for sightseeing, wine tasting etc.. Our Suite was on the Empress Deck and I felt CCL tried to "use" the space in the Cabin too much. In other words, to me the Cabin was "cut-up" into so many pieces; the functionality of the space was lost. Also, you become more aware of the pitch, roll and yaw of the ship in these stern cabins. Propeller vibration in the ship is also more prevalent. Unless you are cruising to Alaska, the sightseeing advantage of these cabins is lost on all other cruises--as the ship generally goes from one port to another at night. Our next cruise is to the Southern Caribbean on the Carnival Pride and we have booked an Ocean Suite for the journey. Happy Cruising

$2350 total, after taxes and fees?!:eek: In that case, I think that's definitely a good price!:cool: I was talking base price, before fees and taxes when I said it sounded decent. I paid more than $2500 base price for our VS in 2014 for a 7-day on the Pride. I would gladly pay $2500 for a similar VS on a similar cruise.

Hey Skaky! So the $2350 is for a 6 day and the $2500 is for the 7 day both after taxes/fees. I kept getting confused going back and forth looking at different itineraries, dates and suites on the wonderful new website Carnival has created for us.

Caution: Cruising in Suites is addictive! Our first cruise on CCL, we booked a Balcony Cabin on the Carnival Spirit to Alaska. The Cabin was very nice and we really enjoyed the cruise. Our next cruise, we "splurged" and booked a Grand Suite on the Carnival Elation on a REPO cruise through the Panama Canal. We were permanently HOOKED! On all our cruises since, we have booked Suites on Spirit Class ships. Ocean Suites on these ships is a nice compromise between Grand Suites and Balcony Cabins. Ocean Suites are larger than Balcony Cabins with more "hidden" amenities such as a full bathroom, dressing room and more storage to mention a few. Although, you get less space in an Ocean Suite than a Grand Suite; the cost is significantly less--and cost is a major factor when booking a cruise. We booked a Vista Suite on the Carnival Miracle on a cruise to Alaska and it was literally the "best seat in the house" for sightseeing, wine tasting etc.. Our Suite was on the Empress Deck and I felt CCL tried to "use" the space in the Cabin too much. In other words, to me the Cabin was "cut-up" into so many pieces; the functionality of the space was lost. Also, you become more aware of the pitch, roll and yaw of the ship in these stern cabins. Propeller vibration in the ship is also more prevalent. Unless you are cruising to Alaska, the sightseeing advantage of these cabins is lost on all other cruises--as the ship generally goes from one port to another at night. Our next cruise is to the Southern Caribbean on the Carnival Pride and we have booked an Ocean Suite for the journey. Happy Cruising

Thanks for your input! I fear we may be ruined for regular balconies after this. We tried an oceanview last year but really need a balcony as I spend a lot of time in the cabin due to health issues. I think worst case scenario is we end up doing the ocean suites as I can't imagine getting a vista every time. Hmm..not sure that would really be considered a worst case..lol. Next scenario would be that we are able to go back to balconies without a problem and understand that this is a splurge for a special occasion. Sure, that'll happen. Best case scenario, we win the lottery and it's all a non issue. I actually love that scenario! My husband said he gets what you mean about the layout of the vista by looking at the floorplan.

LOL..I am excited just reading, get it, get it, get it....lol.

Hi sjn..We did, we did, we booked the 7 day in a vista suite :eek: :D..actually it's on hold til our PVP gets back in the office tomorrow..and I hope we got a decent deal.

Thanks again, so much Everybody! You ALL were a huge help! We are super excited!

Hi sjn..We did, we did, we booked the 7 day in a vista suite :eek: :D..actually it's on hold til our PVP gets back in the office tomorrow..and I hope we got a decent deal.

Thanks again, so much Everybody! You ALL were a huge help! We are super excited!

Hooray! That's so exciting!:D Enjoy that lovely VS!

Enjoy the Vista Suite!!!

Thanks so much! It's still on hold..I've been frantically doing research today on other cruise lines, itineraries and dates..trying to make sure that we are getting a good deal. I guess it's because I'm not use to suite pricing. Balconies I have pretty much drilled into my brain but suites really have me frazzled. And the prices I'm seeing on other cruise lines..forget about it. Waiting for my husband to come home so I can let him know I've done my research. I hope I can get over this suite phobia. For some reason I'm feeling all out for sorts and thrown off. Is this what happens when you stick to one type of cabin on one cruise line for too long?

Thanks so much! It's still on hold..I've been frantically doing research today on other cruise lines, itineraries and dates..trying to make sure that we are getting a good deal. I guess it's because I'm not use to suite pricing. Balconies I have pretty much drilled into my brain but suites really have me frazzled. And the prices I'm seeing on other cruise lines..forget about it. Waiting for my husband to come home so I can let him know I've done my research. I hope I can get over this suite phobia. For some reason I'm feeling all out for sorts and thrown off. Is this what happens when you stick to one type of cabin on one cruise line for too long?

That might be the case. Just breathe, relax. It will be OK. You've got this.;):)

Hooray..I think it is going to be the perfect step and have what these specific 4 Carnival ships are so special for....so many just LOVE them...

This ship type is an amazing great hull design used also by Cunard after these were built. They are lovely ships with better space ratios plus having a suite...ahhh. I am very happy for you and it is a little exciting making a splurge step but is is a sane well priced wonderful one. I do no think you will be forever spoiled either...I can tell you enjoy different situations...this is a good price for a lovely suite in the affordable range on Carnival, the room, the view, the privacy...enjoy!!!!:)

Edited by sjn911

We're going to go ahead and finalize the booking tomorrow. We do love the spirit class ships. It will be nice to try a different category cabin, and most especially a vista suite. After doing research today it does seem that Carnival prices their suites lower than the other cruise lines. I heard that Carnival is planning on adding more suite perks. I'm wondering if suite prices will increase once they do.

We're going to go ahead and finalize the booking tomorrow. We do love the spirit class ships. It will be nice to try a different category cabin, and most especially a vista suite. After doing research today it does seem that Carnival prices their suites lower than the other cruise lines. I heard that Carnival is planning on adding more suite perks. I'm wondering if suite prices will increase once they do.

I've heard that too, and suspect that they might. I don't expect these brilliant new suite perks will kick in before my September cruise. And even if they do, I have no reason to believe I'll be grandfathered into the new suites program, but it doesn't stop me from having a tiny bit of hope that they might be throwing those of us already booked in Suites a bone or two. A free dinner in the Steakhouse, or free internet would be nice.

But I'm not going to be willing to pay much more than I already do for a Carnival Suite, unless the perks package is very impressive - like Cheers! included, all the Plat/FTTF perks, double VIFP points, upgraded bedding, and more. If they hike the Suite prices without offering an appealing perks package, I'll just go back to Balconies when sailing Carnival, and save my Suite sailing for other lines.