Upsell if booked with an agency ?

tbtma

Hi Guys, We sail on the Gem April 21st. We booked through a outside agency & not directly with NCL. I was recently on the phone with this agency and asked about any upgrades/upsell, they said they get these offers daily from NCL, then it is passed down to the customers. Is this true ? Anyone ever get an upsell offer that DIDNT book NCL ? I see the upsell # posted here often, so does that mean I cant call them directly ?

Thanks as always!

Bonnie

Hi Guys, We sail on the Gem April 21st. We booked through a outside agency & not directly with NCL. I was recently on the phone with this agency and asked about any upgrades/upsell, they said they get these offers daily from NCL, then it is passed down to the customers. Is this true ? Anyone ever get an upsell offer that DIDNT book NCL ? I see the upsell # posted here often, so does that mean I cant call them directly ?

Thanks as always!

Bonnie

Yes, even if you booked through I TA, you can call the upsell # to try and get a deal.

Good luck!

I have my TA call. In the beginning of using her, I would give her parameters for money and acceptable cabin placement for upsells. She's always been really good about trying - sometimes successful, sometimes not. My fav was on our AK cruise last May - went from an inside to a balcony for $100.

The upset # is1 800 625 4309.

I booked with a TA. My cruise is April 9th on Getaway. I called myself yesterday- about 30 days out. I went from a regular balcony to the Haven Spa suite for $1000 total. My original booking was for $2550- to all together 3550. The going price for that room now is somewhere around $5300. So, i think it was a good deal.

I've had it both ways. My TA called and offered me an upsell on Getaway from NCL last June. This time, I called on my own and got the upsell from NCL despite using that same TA for my upcoming Spirit cruise. In both cases my TA also gave me additional OBC since their commission increased as well.

Edited by vicocala

Can we get a moderator to merge all of these upsell/upgrade posts into one? I think that would be helpful in clearing up answers and eliminating the need to have it asked repeatedly. As an added bonus, it would clean up the feed.