Live from the Escape - 3/12/2016

CinAndTheCity

Nice!

Can't wait to Escape. 158 days and counting.

My guess would be the HD or other officer at the M&G you attended. They got your name. They want CCers to be happy. We've had that happen a number of times now. Unless you're there on CAS, then they usually send something too.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

My guess would be the HD or other officer at the M&G you attended. They got your name. They want CCers to be happy. We've had that happen a number of times now. Unless you're there on CAS, then they usually send something too.

I believe this is true. All the cruise critic Meet and Greets I have attended have been followed by strawberries in my room soon after, and I'm nowhere near platinum...

Glad to see you met Bong. We've been facebook friends for a couple years, since his Getaway days. He keeps it entertaining. You may want to try and see if Yum and Curly are still at the outside 5 o'clock somewhere bar. They're a bit on the crazy fun side. Once you to know them, it's hard not get a drink. Yum will keep filling your glass without telling you.

Thanks for the great pictorial review! We enjoyed being on Getaway last year and are wanting to get on the Escape, the sooner the better!

Can you let us know what it's been like as far as Spring Breakers? Are there lots of college kids? And, if so, how are they being ... rowdy, not bad? And/or, how about middle school kids ... many of them?

Thx again ... your O'Sheehans pic made us envious! 👍👌😋😄

Thanks for the great pictorial review! We enjoyed being on Getaway last year and are wanting to get on the Escape, the sooner the better!

Can you let us know what it's been like as far as Spring Breakers? Are there lots of college kids? And, if so, how are they being ... rowdy, not bad? And/or, how about middle school kids ... many of them?

Thx again ... your O'Sheehans pic made us envious! [emoji106][emoji108][emoji39][emoji1]

Put the District Brew House on the Getaway and you have the Perfect cruise ship!

It is a benefit ( the Strawberries ) for Platinum cruisers. You did mention you used the Gold/Platinum check in.

Must've been from the meet & greet, I'm gold. This is actually the first M&G I've made it to, usually end up sleeping too late!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Do they take reservations for comedy shows tonight in main theatre? If you happen to attend tonight, was it easy for those wo reservations to get in? Hope you are having fun at the Baths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CP3o

Enjoying your review! Thank you!

Can't wait to hear about the Baths! Are you doing it on your own or through the ship? Was the ferry service easy to find at the pier? We are going to try to do the Baths on our own and wondering what your experience is. Have fun!

Thanks for the review. It's really great so far.

I may have missed this but how is the coffee on board? Is it drinkable or are the paid coffees a must?

It amazes me that for $20 less per day, RCI includes specialty coffees and bottled water and fresh squeezed juices.

NCL is charging very premium prices for their UBP. We still have it for our August sailing on Escape and intend to make good use of it. But it would be so much better if it included coffee.

The Baths are absolutely gorgeous! We are on the taxi now back to the 12:40 ferry. We did it on our own. Our friends wanted to do it through the ship, but it was sold out. It actually took us a little while to find the ferry and we had to ask at the information booth. Then it was about a 10 minute walk to the ferry.

Thanks for the review. It's really great so far.

I may have missed this but how is the coffee on board? Is it drinkable or are the paid coffees a must?

It amazes me that for $20 less per day, RCI includes specialty coffees and bottled water and fresh squeezed juices.

NCL is charging very premium prices for their UBP. We still have it for our August sailing on Escape and intend to make good use of it. But it would be so much better if it included coffee.

I think the coffee is good enough. Surprisingly, though, I haven't been drinking that much coffee.

The Baths are absolutely gorgeous! We are on the taxi now back to the 12:40 ferry. We did it on our own. Our friends wanted to do it through the ship, but it was sold out. It actually took us a little while to find the ferry and we had to ask at the information booth. Then it was about a 10 minute walk to the ferry.

Do you mind sharing who you booked The Baths tour with? How much was it per person? Thanks

Do you mind sharing who you booked The Baths tour with? How much was it per person? Thanks

We didn't do a tour. We walked to the Speedy's ferry and it's $38 (cash) per person round-trip for the ferry and taxi-bus. Then it's $3 pp to get into the Baths.