muster procedures on NCL sprit

scarletsmummy

It is outside on deck 7. No life jacket needed. You arrive at your assigned station, person in charge will check your key card and mark the list he has to show you attended. Play sardines for a while. Listen to an announcement and watch a demonstrtation and it is done.

It is outside on deck 7. No life jacket needed. You arrive at your assigned station, person in charge will check your key card and mark the list he has to show you attended. Play sardines for a while. Listen to an announcement and watch a demonstrtation and it is done.

sounds painless , thanks very much

Jean:)

sounds painless , thanks very much

Don't want to scare you :) but in my opinion and experience the drills standing outside on the deck are the worst - especially if there are enough spanish/french/etc speaking passengers (that have indicated their primary language as such) onboard and the announcements need to be done in several languages.

That happened to us on Dawn - unlike Spirit, there are only few muster stations outside on the deck (on most NCL ships all the stations are inside in theatre, restaurants, etc, where people can sit) but we were assigned to one on the deck (not to mention on the sunny side of the ship) and there was a large amount of French Canadians onboard so all announcements during the cruise were made in English and French - standing there in hot sun was definitely not my idea of painless. :D

Don't want to scare you :) but in my opinion and experience the drills standing outside on the deck are the worst - especially if there are enough spanish/french/etc speaking passengers (that have indicated their primary language as such) onboard and the announcements need to be done in several languages.

That happened to us on Dawn - unlike Spirit, there are only few muster stations outside on the deck (on most NCL ships all the stations are inside in theatre, restaurants, etc, where people can sit) but we were assigned to one on the deck (not to mention on the sunny side of the ship) and there was a large amount of French Canadians onboard so all announcements during the cruise were made in English and French - standing there in hot sun was definitely not my idea of painless. :D

thanks for the warning, we pick the boat up in florida so presume mainly english will be spoken.:) Jean

thanks for the warning, we pick the boat up in florida so presume mainly english will be spoken.:) Jean

Our Dawn cruise departed from Tampa - it does not matter where the cruise starts, people will still fly in from all over the world. :)

On our Med cruise on the Spirit we had to go to our life raft on the deck, we went there from our room taking the suggested route that was on the cabin door, we figures that this would be the route we would take in an emergency, we went through crew passages rather than riding the elevators, we then stood in a group until it was over, listened to a speech, it all lasted 40 min or so. Hope we never have to actually use it, the life raft that is......

On our Med cruise on the Spirit we had to go to our life raft on the deck, we went there from our room taking the suggested route that was on the cabin door, we figures that this would be the route we would take in an emergency, we went through crew passages rather than riding the elevators, we then stood in a group until it was over, listened to a speech, it all lasted 40 min or so. Hope we never have to actually use it, the life raft that is......

Actually liferafts are intended mainly for the crew (and to backup purposes in case where other side of the ship is unusable), there should be enough actual lifeboats for all passengers.

I must be the only one who loves to muster. Not that I like standing on a hot deck, jammed together. I much prefer it over the farewell shows. It means the cruise is just starting, so I am quite happy at muster drill.

I must be the only one who loves to muster. Not that I like standing on a hot deck, jammed together. I much prefer it over the farewell shows. It means the cruise is just starting, so I am quite happy at muster drill.

Agreed.......I love knowing when it is over we will soon be on our way! Although I do prefer the ships with musters in an area inside rather than cramming together on the deck.

I thought I was the only one that felt that way. Also The away ships were inside and not so bad. The Dawn was out side it was kind of cramped all my carnival trips were outside except maybe the breeze. I think on my pre suite letter from the star it said its in the theater but maybe I am thinking of something else.

I think on my pre suite letter from the star it said its in the theater but maybe I am thinking of something else.

I doubt it, never seen a suite letter mentioning anything about the drill (even here on CC), I'd guess that any possible mention about the theatre is about reserved seats there for the shows.

On Dawn class ships there are only few (maybe two on each side) stations/groups outside, but for example Garden Villas are in the section that have their assembly station there, that's where we stayed when we had our so far only drill where we had to stand.

could anyone tell me the procedure for Muster drill on the Norwegian Spirit is

We are sailing on our very 1st cruise 2nd April and want to know what to expect

Jean

One thing I liked about how they conduct the drill on the Spirit.

You are mustered under your assigned "Life Boat" tender.

The sardine portion people are referring to is the line up. The crew assigned to your boat will line you up in rows signifying the rows of seats in the boat, and seats per row.

Then they demonstrate the Life Jackets, sound the emergency horn, and you're done.

Enjoy your cruise.

Mark

Edited by WYTinman

could anyone tell me the procedure for Muster drill on the Norwegian Spirit is

We are sailing on our very 1st cruise 2nd April and want to know what to expect

Jean

Here is a picture to help.

The green signs are the muster locations. As you can see they correspond to a nearby tender.

41MkiJKSfJIpXLc7fTN20thNgW9DDa8Z7rbL0ZPwCNDz-ihBh4lmiJKA3fURVhsKdd_xKKKfreTzABBN7ws8wBqEw7rL9Jcz6tp9Yy3XgMR2MFKTC1QQ75AjP5cqkXOxUPBSH18za5TvbRAgMqC49cKX9q2wHjRFQ6PEOdGrgNsUUVAzb--RQXu9ysNXU_WDaW6xFL9kAKwl-vLH78H5DHG4Xm9xu3Or6s0ZA3CaOSvMeC1x8mGnppn01FtlZR_bKSsrYJ_F7671Yf1mSgbVp6sxBZDruEXC_yKGDYJsQqUF6CPuZsu7Pg-3Hs2ZLFcRwj4-ticoiO3NLxSQEv0z-3OyKamq4DJTPZeSslCRunQxS1zq9aSnjva8g-szkhB-70x-nhIu69bIavKzSqa3-N6aKsS6zXirFWMiIoTxt_J8wRbfR2j9CEbpdQauXf-5r3S2_KD0RdG15Fh8Dx3RevnTBPlXwXdKoL3xLDl7EvoLiKnrMSzgc1DQQDiHr5q9Kna2XcniO9_TfHIxCLWLEAMW_JoqA-Z1EO0rBAeULGtSL4epwQ6k_gg1jaaBheeY1W5h=w501-h667-no

Mark

Buddy:

What time did you do the Muster on your Med cruise? It looks like we sail late in the evening.

Buddy:

What time did you do the Muster on your Med cruise? It looks like we sail late in the evening.

It will be 4:30

This means it is over and all the crew can leave their emergency stations to return to their normal jobs. Such as serving, performing, attending to staterooms etc. and then there is no impact on opening times for restaurants, bars or shows starting.

It also means that for the guests the cruise has started and everything will be open and functioning on time.

We left Venice at about 1 am, we done the muster drill the next day mid afternoon I think, before supper.

That must have been before the SOLAS updates after Costa Concordia, now the drill must be held before or immediately after departure.