Can DS stay at Camp Carnival while we go to Belize?

hunter6009

DH, Myself and DS (2 years old) will be doing a Carnival cruise that goes to Belize (among other ports). I've heard it's not a great place for young kids and we would probably worry about it, so we rather not do it. However, I've gotten some conflicting information about whether or not we can leave our DS in Camp Carnival and go to shore. I've heard the beepers don't go that far, but others have said they've gone to shore anyways. Has anyone had any experience with this? I've asked on Carnivals board, but I also wanted to see if anyone on the Belize board has done this.

Thanks!

On our last cruise, which was with Carnival, they had sign up sheets for kids who were staying on board while their parents went ashore. :) The sign up sheets were laid out on the counter in the kids area. They needed advance notice of who was staying on board so they could be sure to have enough personnel there to watch over them. I'm not sure about whether or not the pagers work while you're ashore because our kids are older and we never used them. I doubt I would bring a pager along for worry that the pager would get wet, get sand in it, or get lost. Personally, I would get a Mextel Mexican prepaid phone card so I could call in periodically to check in and make sure things are okay with the kiddo. You can get one online at www.telmexusa.com. They are pretty cheap and you could even call people back home with it too. Just flash your prepaid calling card to the locals and they are more than willing to let you use their phone, especially if you're buying something in their shop.;)

We have done this several times on Carnival when our daughter was younger. Felt total comfortable doing so. She had a good time and we new she was safe. We always let them know where we were going to be, am I am sure if you do a tour threw the ship they could get in touch with you if something happened.

Archived