Ålborg included excursion

Jay Bee

Hi. I haven't found much information on the port of Ålborg. Could someone comment on Viking's included excursion which is a 2 hour walking tour of the town? Has anyone taken Viking's paid outing called Historic Ålborg and the Vikings which goes over to Lindholm Hoje? From what others have said about scheduling, it doesn't seem like doing both is an option--the ship is only in port from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (even though they have a 7 hour excursion offered--go figure.)

Thanks,

Jan

I haven't been there so can't comment on the included excursion, but the Sea will be in Albourg on May 12 from 12:30 to 9 pm. This allows time for the seven hour excursion. However, as in other ports, all excursions are scheduled so that times overlap and it's impossible to take more than one. Only in Copenhagen were we able to book two.

We actually did this cruise last summer and we enjoyed the included tour in Alborg. I actually like Alborg better than Copenhagen....not the tours, I enjoyed both, but Alborg was very quaint and fun to walk around. Viking even had some kind of medieval enactment or something at the end of our tour and we were given some samples of local food and drink. The weather was beautiful and the town was really pretty!

Aalborg was like visiting old Europe 20 years ago. Not overrun with tourists. We were on the Star June 2015 on the Homelands cruise. There were no other tour groups in the area. Aalborg is located on a river in from the sea so large ships cannot reach it. Nice stroll through town with good photo ops, decent shopping, etc.

Edited by Traveler103