Neptunes on Rotterdam

vagporto

Hi all,

As far as I understand, the Rotterdam is the only R class ship with BB King (in the crows nest). Can anybody tell me if the Neptunes remain at the Ocean Bar? And what happens to the HAL Cats (or Band)?

Have to decide between the Rotterdam vs Koningsdam for a Norse Legends cruise in june/july.

Thanks,

Vasco

As far as I know, neither the Neptunes nor the HAL Cats are appearing on any of the HAL ships. Do note that neither were specific groups, though, as they were generic names. There are still bands in the Ocean Bar and there's "entertainment" on the pool deck at lunch - just not the same as it formerly was.

Hi all,

As far as I understand, the Rotterdam is the only R class ship with BB King (in the crows nest). Can anybody tell me if the Neptunes remain at the Ocean Bar? And what happens to the HAL Cats (or Band)?

Have to decide between the Rotterdam vs Koningsdam for a Norse Legends cruise in june/july.

Thanks,

Vasco

The band playing in the ocean bar is now called... The Band !!

They play at 5, 7 8:30 and 9:45 pm. In the piano bar a piano player, plays from 9 pm till closing time, while Adagio ( usually violin and piano) play in the Explorers Lounge. The HAL cats are now called the Rotterdam Dancers and Singers and have much improved, they perform in the Showroom at sea.

The Koningsdam has more to offer in the entertainment dept. I think, looking at the venues and state of the art theater . But you have to ask yourself if the price difference is worth it, the Koningsdam of course offers more in other departments as well.

I've already booked a Norse Legends in june on my favorite ship : Rotterdam !

Thanks for the input. The standards jazz trio (Neptunes) was one of the highlights of my Volendam cruise last year, and I was wondering what has happenned with the shuffle in the music groups.

Rotjeknor: I am also one click away from booking the Rotterdam on the 4th June. Let's cross fingers that june will bring dry weather, snowcapped mountains, and a bit of rough north sea just for the fun of it !!!