We just got upgraded to a The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony!

HeatherMac246

I had been calling for 4 weeks...got anywhere from $1500-$2000pp to upgrade. This Monday, the offer was $750pp so $1500 total. Considering we did not pay much to get a guaranteed balcony, this made it afford to be in the haven for less than what it would be for 1 person! I called in and within 10 minutes, one of the two rooms left was gone so we jumped on this room. We board the ship tomorrow so I hope it doesn't disappoint!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Gee, I was one of the "suckers" that paid full price. I guess it just does not make sense to pay full price. In future I will wait for a deal and save a few $1000 - what a deal!

Of course what happens if we all wait for "the deal?"

Edited by MikeWazowski

I called twice a week for 4 weeks. There were a couple times I wanted to pull the trigger but I didn't NEED an upsell, just wanted one if the price is right. It's the luck of the draw...I wish you luck getting an upsell!!

On the Getaway breakfast was served from 7-10, lunch from 12-2, and dinner 5:30-10

On sea days breakfast changes to 7:30-10:30

This was in December. Not sure if anything's changed since.

Also, on debarkation day the restaurant opens even earlier for those who are exiting early.

You are going to love the H8 - it's the only one on any NCL ship!!! The bedroom is about the same size as a normal H9, but then you have a fab livingroom as well. It was definitely bigger than some of the other Haven suites that were much more expensive :) We enjoyed it for 10 days on the TA....it was tough to go back to the normal H9 when I sailed again in Jan lol

As for perks - the only thing you have special is access to the thermal lounge - which is nice on bad weather days. You don't get any discounts on treatments or anything. There is an access door that the end of the hallway that you can use to get into the spa without having to go out into the main hallway and through reception. It's a nice little secrete way in.

You definitely don't need vibe passes- between the spa and the haven, you will have plenty of places to escape the crowds, don't waste the money!!

One of the best perks of the Escape Haven Spa rooms is the room steward Julito. He's super friendly and very helpful!! Definitely one of the best room stewards I've had.

Also, for the haven in general....the concierge Adrian and his staff - esp assistant Karen - are great! The haven restaurant is very good. The best steak I had on board was there, and the breakfasts are my favorites

Awesome tip about the secret entrance! Since we are the most forward spa suite, it is good to know we can access the spa without running around the hallways!

We booked the room before there were reliable pictures or info, and got a fantastic deal...we were looking at DCL concierge which was more expensive with much less amenities, when he found the escape H8! We took a chance, and from the sound of it... I am glad we did!

Quick weird question....is it possible to walk through the closet? I have seen pictures that make it seem there are doors on both sides! Lol...this would be good because I am a night owl and if I am up late while hubby is sleeping I can sneak into the bathroom without putting on lights or opening the bedroom door.

Quick weird question....is it possible to walk through the closet? I have seen pictures that make it seem there are doors on both sides! Lol...this would be good because I am a night owl and if I am up late while hubby is sleeping I can sneak into the bathroom without putting on lights or opening the bedroom door.

We also booked while they were still building the ship and had all of the same stats as the normal H9s - we just thought it would be funny to be in a one of kind room. lol WE so lucked out with the layout!

The closet does indeed open from both sides. It was nice when two of us were getting ready! The only real complaint we had about the room was there was no way to keep the door between the two rooms open. We tried the door stop in every creative way we could imagine, but it would always end up swinging shut. Got a bit annoying....

The link below will take you to my album with room photos....

https://goo.gl/photos/gTW2RGmPB8vSp8fr8

We also booked while they were still building the ship and had all of the same stats as the normal H9s - we just thought it would be funny to be in a one of kind room. lol WE so lucked out with the layout!

The closet does indeed open from both sides. It was nice when two of us were getting ready! The only real complaint we had about the room was there was no way to keep the door between the two rooms open. We tried the door stop in every creative way we could imagine, but it would always end up swinging shut. Got a bit annoying....

The link below will take you to my album with room photos....

https://goo.gl/photos/gTW2RGmPB8vSp8fr8

Thank you! We booked over he summer last year and we only knew it was a different class and was the only one. I am going to share the post with my hubby. (Sorry for sidetracking the thread!)

I also got an upsell offer for our upcoming Breakaway cruise. Some deal . . .not. $1,000 pp upgrade (for an additional whopping $3,000 total!). Ridiculous. So I, too, am curious about what the OP paid that constitutes a great deal. I've seen mention of some upsells going for an additional $500 pp and I think I saw mention of one going for even less than that!

I just don't think an additional $3,000 is any kind of a deal so I will happily keep my M6 Large Balcony Mini Suite.

Am wondering if I can expect add'l offers to come my way before we sail in April. And, frankly, from what I can see, the available balconies in the Haven are miniscule compared to what we have. Of course, the Haven cabins with the truly large balconies are all sold out at this point. So it would have to be a truly phenomenal price to get me to move from my large balcony to a regular-sized balcony even if it's in the Haven.

The upsell cost usually applies to 2 people - I didn't pay for my daughter just my DH and myself

[quote name='ilsh75']Wondering if you get double points for suite with upsell[/QUOTE]

No. When you take an upsell, you keep the promotions you already paid for, and you don't get the extra points for being in a suite.