Guide for underground & 3rd tier Colosseum

Jade Cruise

We stayed up until 2:00am (9:00am Rome time) to get our tickets as soon as they went on sale. It's a good thing... the time that we wanted sold out within a few minutes! I was able to get our two tickets because I got in about a second after they went live.

Before we did this, we had looked up the time slots available, calculated the time it would take to go from the ship to the train to Rome, and then on to the Colosseum. This is how we knew what time was the "perfect" time to book the tour so that we could spend the rest of the day leisurely enjoying Rome.

Hello Wendy,

we used Walks of Italy, highly recommended by others on these forums. We did the VIP tour.

https://www.walksofitaly.com/rome-tours/colosseum-underground-tours

It was expensive @ 95€ per person. May not have chosen them if others had the time slots. Partly because of the expense but mostly because the tour was 3.5 hours. I thought that was too much time to allocate to one site during our 3 night stay. So much to see, so little time.

But I must say, it was not enough time! And we spent maybe one hour more!

In hindsight, I feel we lucked out and got a great tour company, by default, and a great guide. I definitely recommend them if you can swing the fee.

My DH LOVED Rome, and definitely wants to go back. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it too. I see why many CC posters say they have been back five times and still haven't done all they want.

Enjoy the planning and especially enjoy visiting Roma!

Jen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the tour. We have two tours booked with them. I'm so excited to go in September😊 I am a bit concerned about feeling claustrophobic in the underground portion. Is it more like a cave?