Punta Sur Eco Park

silly2003

So far I've only found a Jeep Tour that includes Punta Sur Eco Park. Is there a way to get there without the jeep tour. I'm looking for lower cost. I can't really figure out how far away Punta Sur is from the cruise ports. Is is reasonable to take a taxi there, or is an excursion or private tour the only way to go.

Thanks for any thoughts. I might have to consider Chanaknaab, as that seems to be pretty easy to get to and there are lots of excursions to it. But with 5 ships in port the day we are I would like to find something that is not overrun with people (if possible).

So far I've only found a Jeep Tour that includes Punta Sur Eco Park. Is there a way to get there without the jeep tour. I'm looking for lower cost. I can't really figure out how far away Punta Sur is from the cruise ports. Is is reasonable to take a taxi there, or is an excursion or private tour the only way to go.

Thanks for any thoughts. I might have to consider Chanaknaab, as that seems to be pretty easy to get to and there are lots of excursions to it. But with 5 ships in port the day we are I would like to find something that is not overrun with people (if possible).

Really depends on what you want to do there, and how long you want to stay.

Here is the link to round trip taxi fare with waiting ( not sure of time frame - maybe 2-3 hours total?) you would need to check with dispatcher and negotiate if you want longer. I would advise taxi that waits or arrange return pick-up and pay back in port - cell phone service out there is not reliable.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Taxiinternational?From=Taxiairport

Links available from other piers.

If you are looking for beach day check out Papitos beach breaks which is the beach club in the park. It has AI rates but you are supposed to be able to PAYG as well.

Don't forget with your own transport you need to add on Punta Sur entrance fee.

We have done the lighthouse and explored,before Papitos was developed, but we only visited for about 90 minutes as part of a private round the island tour.