Radiance Southbound Alaskan Cruise- Starboard Cabin

My husband and I are doing our first Alaskan cruise in May 2017 and have a JS starboard cabin. We did not know that port side was best and now there are no cabins available. Should we be concerned that we will not be able to view any of the beautiful scenery out of our cabin?

I don't know who claimed that port side is best, but I do not agree with that statement at all. We just sailed the Radiance last summer in starboard balcony cabins 8608, 8610, & 8612. Not that we spent a lot of time in them, or on the balconies for that matter, there's an abundance of breathtaking scenery to be had. Keep in mind, too, that you're often sailing at night, and the farther south you get, the darker it is each night.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your trip.

36910354f16567f5e8b7d969425be1f1.jpg

c45a585e130861e0fa3236529a2df1a6.jpg

a7bc8bd20bc29081d4a341cf9a0a4d2a.jpg

My husband and I are doing our first Alaskan cruise in May 2017 and have a JS starboard cabin. We did not know that port side was best and now there are no cabins available. Should we be concerned that we will not be able to view any of the beautiful scenery out of our cabin?

I would say not to worry - it seemed to me that much of the time we were actually sailing inlets, passages etc. There was land on both sides - look at the map of all the areas you visit and you will see what I mean. :D Approaching Vancouver is the same - you sail the Inside Passage.