Pricing confusion.

dcedar

I am sailing on the Dream 1/8/2017. I originally booked with a price guarantee catagory 4e 3 people.

I never saw the words Early Saver anywhere on my cruise emails. I can't find it on my booking online either. Does it say it somewhere?

I originally booked $444 for the first two people and $179 for the third.

So then I got a flyer with early saver, 2 catagory upgrade, $50 OBC and reduced deposit.

I called, they gave me the $50 AND lowered the price of my room. We are now paying $429 for the first two and $179 for the third.

I am NOT complaining. I am happy. I just don't get it. Are we still 4E?

I do not see the price I received anywhere??? If I am to compare prices do I still use the 4e catagory??? :)

I am sailing on the Dream 1/8/2017. I originally booked with a price guarantee catagory 4e 3 people.

I never saw the words Early Saver anywhere on my cruise emails. I can't find it on my booking online either. Does it say it somewhere?

I originally booked $444 for the first two people and $179 for the third.

So then I got a flyer with early saver, 2 catagory upgrade, $50 OBC and reduced deposit.

I called, they gave me the $50 AND lowered the price of my room. We are now paying $429 for the first two and $179 for the third.

I am NOT complaining. I am happy. I just don't get it. Are we still 4E?

I do not see the price I received anywhere??? If I am to compare prices do I still use the 4e catagory??? :)

I am pretty certain that all Carnival's guarantee fares are non-refundable deposits. When you book online, the conditions are there in small print across the bottom of the screen. These type rates almost always have additional restrictions such a no name changes, $50 pp cancellation penalty as well. And while the rate that shows up may or may not be called Early Saver or Super Saver, they have the same conditions (mine shows up as Wheel of Fortune cruise later #3).

Yesterday, I just changed 2 cruises I have booked from fully refundable until final payment date to non-refundable fares (the Wheel of Fortune sale which started yesterday). One was only 2 weeks out from final payment deadline so I determined I won't be cancelling that one. The other is a trans-atlantic cruise that begins in Barcelona and since I have already purchased over $2300 in non-refundable airfare (which includes pre-cruise destinations in Europe), I won't be cancelling that one either.

I got lower rates on both plus OBC for both - but I had to agree to them being non-refundable, no name changes and a $50 pp cancelation fee.

Honestly - this is one of those buyer beware times - it is imperative you read all the conditions and fine print before confirming.

Edited by lizardhowson

You should have received a new Booking Confirmation. Your Cabin Category is listed on the Booking Confirmation under the Booking Number and the Cabin Number. As they did not assign you a new cabin (but decreased your fare) your physical cabin is still the same and should still be Category 4E.

Carnival doesn't seem to like to state your Booking "type" on your confirmation - Look under Guest Notes near the end of your Booking Confirmation where there will be wording that reflects your booking type. For Early Saver booking type look for "non refundable", "no name changes", "cancellations before final payment will receive future cruise credit....".

For Early Saver price-matching you'll price match with fares for Category 4E (for which your fare has been decreased to $429 $429 and $179, now your new, current Cat 4E fares. You have to compare the total cabin fare for price matches).

ALSO, when price-matching you'll have to account for the OBC (if the fare you're matching to doesn't have OBC, you'll lose yours)

ALSO if the fare you're matching to doesn't have reduced deposit, you'll have to pay the full deposit to get the price match.

ALSO, don't forget that you can ES price match to any promo rate (senior if you're a senior, resident rate for your state, Past Guest if you're a past guest, military if you're military eligible...) that you're eligible for. Only one person in the cabin has to qualify to get the rate for the cabin.

ALSO that you can price match up to several days before sailaway!

Ken

Edited by Ken076

You should have received a new Booking Confirmation. Your Cabin Category is listed on the Booking Confirmation under the Booking Number and the Cabin Number. As they did not assign you a new cabin (but decreased your fare) your physical cabin is still the same and should still be Category 4E.

From the original post I read that the OP booked a 4E guarantee, not a specific 4E cabin. Hence he never saw anything referring to "Early Saver" in his booking records.

He had a price reduction for his 4E reservation which should mean that he is still in a 4E cabin which has still to be asssigned.

Thanks everyone.

I am in a specific cabin. That has not changed. I did not get a cabin confirmation after the price change but I did after the other changes and payments. I will check my spam folder.

I don't mind the restrictions on the Early Saver. For me it is worth the savings:)