Harbour Nights with a baby- yes or no?

FamilyCruisers1023

Can not think of any reason not to take your 10 month old. I assume you will have a stroller.

Harbour Nights is fun and VERY LOUD MUSIC for more than 1/2 hour and standing only. It is usually very crowded, one on top of each other and standing only. The baby is fine in a stroller. I'm not sure how comfortable you will be to have the baby 'jammed in' with a gazillion people and it being super loud. Also, it might must be a bit scarry to the babes to see all the dances in their costumes....

Make sure you get to the pier for the LAST FERRY back to this ship. Sometimes they come a little early.

Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time. Bermuda is so nice. Been there 5x by various ships.

Safe travels.

Harbour Nights is fun and VERY LOUD MUSIC for more than 1/2 hour and standing only. It is usually very crowded, one on top of each other and standing only. The baby is fine in a stroller. I'm not sure how comfortable you will be to have the baby 'jammed in' with a gazillion people and it being super loud. Also, it might must be a bit scarry to the babes to see all the dances in their costumes....

Make sure you get to the pier for the LAST FERRY back to this ship. Sometimes they come a little early.

Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time. Bermuda is so nice. Been there 5x by various ships.

Safe travels.

The music part is not very long. Also the last two years I was there in June and it was not crowded. Not close to a gazillion. And the music was not very loud, only loud. I don't think it gets as crowded as it did years ago since ships mostly dock at the Dockyard, not Hamilton. There are two sailings in May and two in June that dock at Hamilton so it might get crowded those four nights. The dancers start at one end and parade/dance to the other end so they can move away from them if the baby is bothered. As long as they have a stroller, which I would expect with a 10 month old, they should be fine.

As far as the last ferry, it does not leave early, what they do is add an extra ferry before the last scheduled ferry at 10:30 so that all can be accomodated back to the dockyard.

The music part is not very long. Also the last two years I was there in June and it was not crowded. Not close to a gazillion. And the music was not very loud, only loud. I don't think it gets as crowded as it did years ago since ships mostly dock at the Dockyard, not Hamilton. There are two sailings in May and two in June that dock at Hamilton so it might get crowded those four nights. The dancers start at one end and parade/dance to the other end so they can move away from them if the baby is bothered. As long as they have a stroller, which I would expect with a 10 month old, they should be fine.

As far as the last ferry, it does not leave early, what they do is add an extra ferry before the last scheduled ferry at 10:30 so that all can be accomodated back to the dockyard.

Thanks for the update....It used to be last ferry around 9pm'sh..Good idea for the extra ferry...Maybe a few years ago it was more crowded than now. but I still think it's a bit loud as they get closer down from the top of the hill....whatever...It's still fun :-)

Thanks for the update....It used to be last ferry around 9pm'sh..Good idea for the extra ferry...Maybe a few years ago it was more crowded than now. but I still think it's a bit loud as they get closer down from the top of the hill....whatever...It's still fun :-)

Yes, for many years there used to be two ships docked on Front Street on Harbour Nights. Now usually none. That makes a difference. With most coming from the dockyard they have an extended ferry schedule Harbour Nights. The last ferry is at 10:30 pm. On other weekday nights it is 8:30 pm.