Licqour Store in Vancouver

Is there a store within walking distance of the port?

I would like to drop my bags and walk to the store to pick up some of the local wines for my cruise, would like to avoid carrying glass while managing suitcases.

Thanks

Aj

Yup, that's the closest one - and it will have plenty of BC wines. If you were looking at wines at or under $30 a pop, you should have ample choice in the Harbour Centre.

If you're super-picky and want a range of fancy wine to choose from, it's not much further to the Signature store at Alberni & Bute with more high-end selections and wine advisors available.

NB: opening hours though, if you're cruising Sunday then you definitely want to go to the Signature store!

Thanks for the info....

I Google my hotel and the port and it is walking distance.... So happy, last year I had a friend give me a bottle which I was unable to get at the LCBO.... Just checked the Vancouver site and it is available :)

Sailing on a Monday.....

Thanks again

Aj

Is there a store within walking distance of the port?

I would like to drop my bags and walk to the store to pick up some of the local wines for my cruise, would like to avoid carrying glass while managing suitcases.

Thanks

There's also a small private liquor store at the YVR airport (one level below domestic baggage). While it's a bit more pricey than the BC Liquor stores, the convenience might outweigh that

There's also a small private liquor store at the YVR airport (one level below domestic baggage). While it's a bit more pricey than the BC Liquor stores, the convenience might outweigh that

Thank you..... Will check it out upon arrival

;)

When I looked on the site ..... Prices seem cheaper than Ontario....

Are they listed without taxes ? If so what is the sales tax?

Thanks

Aj

Yes, sales tax no longer in the prices on the shelf or website. It adds 15% (most other stuff you buy has 7% for PST/5% GST here, though even prepared food in restaurants has no PST so that's a nice little saving compared to ON).

All the local supermarkets carry a few non-alcoholic and even 'cooking wines' (with added salt to discourage drinking, ghastly things!).

I assume you mean the Gastown Nester's, closest to the pier? I don't shop there often enough to give you any idea how good the selection is in that particular branch I'm afraid, but at the very least some sort of fruity champagne-esque fizzy 'wine' should be available.