CHEERS program question

Yoggi

- it was not possible to buy any drinks without them being counted towards your limit of 15 drinks in 24 hours - you were able to get a drink for a friend but it counted towards your total.

I have never heard that this was ever allowed. this was always considered sharing and against the rules.

I have never heard that this was ever allowed. this was always considered sharing and against the rules.

On our Dream cruise (don't remember which year but it's in my signature -2013 apparently) we wanted to buy drinks for some new friends and were willing to pay for them. The bar waiter said no, don't pay. "That's what Cheers is for". She brought them drinks on our Cheers account.

Edited by path145

On our Dream cruise (don't remember which year but it's in my signature -2013 apparently) we wanted to buy drinks for some new friends and were willing to pay for them. The bar waiter said no, don't pay. "That's what Cheers is for". She brought them drinks on our Cheers account.

there must have been miscommunication on the bartenders because there was never a time where sharing was allowed and you always had to wait 5 minutes between drinks.

You might just have had a very generous bartender that took a risk and hoped for a bigger tip. I believe cheers always came out being 'non-sharing' and a 5 minute wait.

I am not disputing your situation but it was still against the rules

Edited by hftmrock

there must have been miscommunication on the bartenders because there was never a time where sharing was allowed and you always had to wait 5 minutes between drinks.

You might just have had a very generous bartender that took a risk and hoped for a bigger tip. I believe cheers always came out being 'non-sharing' and a 5 minute wait.

I am not disputing your situation but it was still against the rules

I agree with the miscommunication between bar staff and there is a five minute rule between drinks that I have experienced. At the time, which was several years ago I was informed by a bar server that I had to wait 5 minutes before I could buy a drink for a friend , and it would count towards my total of 15. If any rules were broken by me buying a drink for someone else then it was because of a fault by management due to mis-communication of the rules. I was never given the option of buying a drink for someone else or myself and paying for it outside the cheers package. Every drink I have obtained , or failed to obtain, since I started getting the cheers package was within the rules as determined by my server, and I've never had a problem with that.