Today's CND - Interesting

bdjam

jammers also come in handy when you go to see a movie in a theater!

the only other invention that needs to be invented is a mouth jammer for the loud obnoxious passengers. the ones who try to upstage that comedian, or talk during the movies or a show. the ones who insist on chewing with their mouth open and smack.

ah well, maybe one day.........:)

Please no Cell phones on cruise ships, If you can't leave home without it perhaps you shouldn't leave home. While I'm on the soap box how about no cell phones in restaurants and golf courses. It should also be illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving..I'll get off thge soap box now. Just my opinion.

Please no Cell phones on cruise ships' date=' If you can't leave home without it perhaps you shouldn't leave home. While I'm on the soap box how about no cell phones in restaurants and golf courses. It should also be illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving..I'll get off thge soap box now. Just my opinion.[/quote']

AGREED

Ok and while we're at can we get rid of/ban those stupid walkie talkies!! They are at least as intrusive and possibly even more annoying than cell phone use on board.

Agreed! Walkie talkies, cell phones, both annoying to those within their range of hearing. Let's hope the cost will be prohibitive, or we'll all want one of those jammers! :D

Snot nose

"Hello??(chirp chirp).....mom???(chirp chirp).........can you hear me???(chirp chirp)..........mom????(chirp chirp)........are you there????(chirp chirp).........hello????(chirp chirp)........mom, are you there???(chirp chirp)"

Mom

"yes(chirp chirp)...........I am here(chirp chirp).........Hello??(chirp chirp)............can you hear me????(chirp chirp).........Snot nose, are you there??(chirp chirp).........hello???(chirp chirp)............Where are you??(chirp chirp)...........I say, where are you???(chirp chirp)....."

My DH works for a cell phone company, but even I think they shouldn't have any cell phone service in public areas on the ship. If someone wants to waste their vacation away yakking on a cell phone in their cabin, it doesn't intrude on my vacation experience, so I don't see it as a problem. But ringing cell phones by the pool, in a bar, or during evening entertainment? That's not cool. Wireless internet, on the other hand, doesn't raise any concerns in my mind because I don't see how it would affect my vacation.

Snot nose

"Hello??(chirp chirp).....mom???(chirp chirp).........can you hear me???(chirp chirp)..........mom????(chirp chirp)........are you there????(chirp chirp).........hello????(chirp chirp)........mom, are you there???(chirp chirp)"

Mom

"yes(chirp chirp)...........I am here(chirp chirp).........Hello??(chirp chirp)............can you hear me????(chirp chirp).........Snot nose, are you there??(chirp chirp).........hello???(chirp chirp)............Where are you??(chirp chirp)...........I say, where are you???(chirp chirp)....."

ROFL!! Especially "Snot nose, are you there??"

My cell phone worked after leaving Port Everglades all the way to off Miami. Thank goodness as with the itinerary change I was able to call my DH who emailed all of our private tour companies and let them know about the date changes for each port.

He called me back after he sent everything so I knew we would be ok.

Did not cost me the $.35 a minute to use the internet on board, so sometimes cell phones can be a blessing

This was for the Oct 9 sailing of Star Princess.

Archived