Have You Ever Seen Whales During Your Cruise?

NewAddict

We have been lucky enough to see dolphins and whales on occasion, while at sea. My husband seems particularly good at spotting whales, usually by seeing the spray out of their blow hole. We have seen whales and dolphins in the Caribbean at sea. However, we had even better luck seeing whales from the ship on our Alaskan cruise!! What a place to see wildlife! We saw seals and sealions there too.

Many places. Especially Cabo and Alaska. We've seen huge schools of dolphins (maybe porpoises?) jumping in the water as they travel along.

Even passed a dead, badly decomposed whale with many birds feeding on it somewhere along the West coast of Mexico.

Yes, I was very fortunate to see whales while on my Alaskan cruise summer of '09! The first time was at 6:00am--I stepped onto my balcony just in time to see a pod a orcas cruise on by. They were close, and naturally, I didn't have my camera with me! A few days later, I saw humpback whales from the balcony while the Diamond Princess was exiting Glacier Bay. Again, no camera! I considered myself lucky!