Travellers Rum Tour/Goff Caye

sanjeevoudit

Belize City would be our second stop for us. It will be me, my GF and my mom. After reading around, we don't want to go far into the city. Me and my mom get motion sickness (not on the boat unless its really bad).

However, we do love to try the liquor! I was thinking about going to Travellers Rum Tour, not with the cruise ship since it is TOO much money. On tripadvisor they said it was $10USD/pp. Not sure how true it is.

My question is, what is your recommendation getting to Travellers? (I want all of us to be safe)

And

Would we have time to go to Goff Caye for the rest of the day?

Just take a taxi. Travellers is not that far away from the cruise port. Maybe 10-15 minutes you go out the Northern Highway toward the International airport.

http://www.onebarrelrum.com/#!travellers-heritage-center-museum/cjf6

Although a bit dated, here's a good blog on it.

http://mybeautifulbelize.com/travellers-liquors-ltd-a-rum-a-licious-tour/

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just want to circle back on this question since the cruise is coming up quick. Can I do the rum tour and come back to spend the rest of the day at Goff Caye? I'm planning to book with Island Marketing to go to do the rum tour. Thoughts?

Depends on when the excursion to Goff's Caye starts. And if you're doing Island Marketing to Travellers Rum when that starts.

Also suggest you check the TR website for hours.

Depending on return for GC, and ship departure/last tender time you might be better off doing GC first then catching a taxi to TR on your own.

I note your proneness to motion sickness and that might be a problem getting to GC. Also if GC is ship sponsored, you'll most likely get picked up at the ship and returned there so would have to take a tender into port to get to TR.