Fresh water showers at Little French Key?

jbobst

I am thinking of switching our plans around from a resort day pass at infinity bay to Little French Key. I've been reading a few reviews on LFK and it looks like something I would like to try. A couple questions or concerns I have are:

1. Are there fresh water showers to rinse off with after swimming in the ocean?

2. I like to swim...alot. Would I be allowed to swim out a good distance from the island to better/clearer water and reef areas? I think that is possible based on a review I just read.

3. How warm will it be in late May? For those in my group not in the salt water as much as I am, will they be miserable without air conditioning?

At infinity bay resort, they have plenty of fresh water showers and a nice cool freshwater pool. When I was there in December, I could swim out into the ocean quite far with minimal boat traffic to very clear water and great reef areas. The water right around LFK looks like typical somewhat sandy and sea grass water. Not bad to lounge around in, but not ideal for the clearer water in Rocky reefy areas (like they have just 50ish yards off shore from Infinity Bay)

Any thoughts some of you might have who've visited LFK? Thanks!

They have showers and changing rooms and bathrooms. Like Infinity- they are pull string outside showers, to rinse off, nothing fancy but that's the same at both locations.

As for swimming and snorkeling, the areas are very different. With Infinity you are on the North side of the island West Bay beach faces the big reef structure (MesoAmerican) and it's right there straight out as you're noting.

At LFK it is a different side of the island and is not the same kind of set up. Theoretically you could swim out and see the reef (I think they also offer snorkel tours by boat where they boat you out a little ways). But depending on the day and the weather, there could be current or breaking waves that make it difficult to do so on your own. It will not be the same regardless. The water off the beach at LFK is clear and areas are sandy, other areas are rocky or have turtle grass. The environment was sort of created for excursions so it's not all naturally occurring like it would be in West Bay.

As for temperature it's kind of hard to tell. We've had a bizarre year for weather, our rainy season was sort of non-existant. It has the potential to be quite hot in May though there's always the possibility for weather. They have umbrellas and shaded areas but, yes everything is open air. Infinity is all open air as well but, correct, they do have a large pool.

It's really just a question of what you want to do.