Nola hotel for pre-cruise

mdaddy

Hello all, I'm cruising out of Nola April 30, and I'm looking for a hotel near the terminal that comes recommended. I'd prefer a Hilton owned property (I'm a Diamond Hilton Honors member), and I'd also prefer a hotel that would let me park there for the duration of the cruise. I haven't sailed out of New Orleans in several years, and although I'm a Saints season ticket holder and spend TONS of time in Nola during ball season, I was just hoping I could get a recommendation from you fine folks that cruise out of there regularly, or even recently.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites. Not sure about parking for the cruise but Fulton Street Garage is about 3 blocks away- $10 covered and $9 per day. Of course the Terminal parking is on site for about $18 per day.

As you probably already know THAT IS JAZZ FESTIVAL WEEK. Good luck on an affordable / available hotel in NOLA by the port. I couldn't find one under $400

Actually, I forgot about that. I was wondering why everyone is booked up solid. I can use my Hilton status to get a room (they have to give me a room with my diamond status as long as I give 48 hours notice), but I can't use points for that, and I have to pay regular price. I'm a hotel snob, and I'm not used to paying, especially full price, for rooms. lol. It's good that they block a certain number of rooms for status members, but I think I'm going to explore other options. Thank you all for the advice and recommendations.

Edited by mdaddy

We have stayed at Hampton inn garden district with free parking for the week. We did have to call the hotel directly for the special rate. We did have to pay for a taxi to the port. It's just couple of blocks away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app