first time on carnival

kcms4

Hi all can i start of by apologizing first for all the question i am about to ask, the only other cruises i have done have been on RCI so here goes

Do they do a beer only drinks package or how much is the fosters can (my husband only drinks beer not like me everything;))

and in the cheers package can you get cocktails?

do they do a photo package we always got this cheaper if booked as soon as you got on the ship?

how do the tips work? before we have got free tips r half price or vouchers which i liked best as you gave these to the staff that helped the most and last year on anthem we had them took off our bill and we tipped staff as we went if you understand me:confused:

and how much is the steakhouse does any one have a link to the menu?

have much is the breakfast with cat in the to hat :D

sorry again but its our main hoilday and always want to make it right last year we want on a cruise and it was awful the pool on the ship was filled up every day with sea water and empted every night at six OMG carnival dont do this do they:(

Beer can be bought by the bottle, bucket or Cheers drink package All adults in cabin need to buy the Cheers package. The Cheer's Package includes almost all beverages onboard. There is no beer package. Fosters is onboard.

No photo packages but there are incentives when you buy more, lanyards, photo frames etc.

Best way to pay tips is to either prepay or onboard thru your account (it's a 'When in Rome' thing). There are crew that you don't see that contribute to your cruise happiness ie the laundry guys. There are no vouchers. 15% gratuity is added to all beverage purchases.

Noticed you're in the UK. See if your gratuities are included in your fare. I've read that sometimes they are for pax booking in the UK.

Steakhouse is $35. Lamb is my favorite. zydecocruiser.com has pictures of the steakhouse items.

Cat in the Hat breakfast is $5.

Carnival's pools are unheated saltwater. They are closed at night. No idea exactly what time, never seen them open after dinner time. Hot tubs are stay open later.

Edited by SadieN

Hi all can i start of by apologizing first for all the question i am about to ask, the only other cruises i have done have been on RCI so here goes

Do they do a beer only drinks package or how much is the fosters can (my husband only drinks beer not like me everything;))

and in the cheers package can you get cocktails?

do they do a photo package we always got this cheaper if booked as soon as you got on the ship?

how do the tips work? before we have got free tips r half price or vouchers which i liked best as you gave these to the staff that helped the most and last year on anthem we had them took off our bill and we tipped staff as we went if you understand me:confused:

and how much is the steakhouse does any one have a link to the menu?

have much is the breakfast with cat in the to hat :D

sorry again but its our main hoilday and always want to make it right last year we want on a cruise and it was awful the pool on the ship was filled up every day with sea water and empted every night at six OMG carnival dont do this do they:(

To be 100% informed, I suggest you run searches on CCL website/FAQ for things like Cheers, Steahouse, Cat in the Hat etc.

Best way to pay tips is to either prepay or onboard thru your account (it's a 'When in Rome' thing). There are crew that you don't see that contribute to your cruise happiness ie the laundry guys

Carnival's pools are unheated saltwater. They are closed at night. No idea exactly what time, never seen them open after dinner time. Hot tubs are stay open later.

Laundry people do not get tips. They get actual salaries that do not include tips. Nor do other "behind the scenes" people.

And the pools have heaters. When and whether they are turned on is another thing.

OP: you have three options to pay tips; prepay, auto barge to your account, or cash. The choice is yours.

Laundry people do not get tips. They get actual salaries that do not include tips. Nor do other "behind the scenes" people.

From what we were told on the "behind the fun" tour, all "crew" share tips. That does include laundry people and pretty much everyone. The tour leader (HR manager) said there were two categories of employees staff and crew. We had a break in the small staff dining room but were not allowed in the much larger crew dining room.

From what we were told on the "behind the fun" tour, all "crew" share tips. That does include laundry people and pretty much everyone. The tour leader (HR manager) said there were two categories of employees staff and crew. We had a break in the small staff dining room but were not allowed in the much larger crew dining room.

Agreed. We have taken the "Behind the Fun" tour twice, on two different ships. We were told the same thing each time.

And the pools have heaters. When and whether they are turned on is another thing.

OP: you have three options to pay tips; prepay, auto barge to your account, or cash. The choice is yours.

Laundry people most certainly DO get tips out of the grats pool. AND so do MANY other "behind the scenes" people.... At least a dozen different job titles on board share tips whether you see them or not. Please stop sharing misinformation.

Behind the scenes people do NOT get tips. There are salaried positions, and there are tipping positions. People have to work up to the tipping positions.

The salaried staff get their $$ from your fare. They did not work for free prior to auto tipping.

Check in any cruise career website if you want more clarification or information.

From carnival website:

Service Gratuities (Tips)

It is customary to extend gratuities (tips) to the shipboard staff for their services. How much to tip is a personal matter and completely up to our guests.

Our recommended guideline to what is appropriate is $12.00 USD per guest, per day. This takes into account the services provided by the following staff:

$6.10 per guest, per day for dining room services

$3.90 per guest, per day for stateroom services

$2.00 per guest per day for alternate services which is distributed to kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members.

From carnival website:

Service Gratuities (Tips)

It is customary to extend gratuities (tips) to the shipboard staff for their services. How much to tip is a personal matter and completely up to our guests.

Our recommended guideline to what is appropriate is $12.00 USD per guest, per day. This takes into account the services provided by the following staff:

$6.10 per guest, per day for dining room services

$3.90 per guest, per day for stateroom services

$2.00 per guest per day for alternate services which is distributed to kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members.

Yes, now go no further than guest services and ask any one of them if they get tips. If you're bored, move on to the entertainment staff. the looks you will get will be priceless.

Behind the scenes people do NOT get tips. There are salaried positions, and there are tipping positions. People have to work up to the tipping positions.

The salaried staff get their $$ from your fare. They did not work for free prior to auto tipping.

Check in any cruise career website if you want more clarification or information.

They dont work for free, they get a paldry base salary and the bulk of their pay comes from tips. I dont need any criuse career website, I have family employed on 2 ships and thats good enough for me. And you have it backwards, they can work up to the salaried positions not the other way around. The positions that get tips are among the lowest paid on the ship, stewards, waiters, etc. But they can be hired into a salary position directly without starting from the bottom as well.

Even the Carnival website indicates multiple behind the scenes people get these tips, if they were salaried they wouldnt even qualify to get the extra pay.

And "guest services" doesnt automatically mean the people at the guest service desk. :rolleyes: Its includes anyone additional that provides services to guests. The people at the GS desk are usually salary which is why they do not get part of the tip pool.

They dont work for free, they get a paldry base salary and the bulk of their pay comes from tips. I dont need any criuse career website, I have family employed on 2 ships and thats good enough for me. And you have it backwards, they can work up to the salaried positions not the other way around. The positions that get tips are among the lowest paid on the ship, stewards, waiters, etc. But they can be hired into a salary position directly without starting from the bottom as well.

Even the Carnival website indicates multiple behind the scenes people get these tips, if they were salaried they wouldnt even qualify to get the extra pay.

And "guest services" doesnt automatically mean the people at the guest service desk. :rolleyes: Its includes anyone additional that provides services to guests. The people at the GS desk are usually salary which is why they do not get part of the tip pool.

If you chose not to believe me, Nope, you don't need to take a look.

How did a beer thread turn into a tipping thread? :confused:

OP asked a multi point question. Too bad they didn't include smoking. (ducks head and runs).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app