Oscar tour help!!!!!

kgn

We are ont he Coral in December and are trying to book a tour with Oscar. I need some suggestions. WE are two families (4 kids 15 - 8)

arriving at 6:30am (but woudl prefer to not have to be any where until 9ish) and are set to depart at 7pm. The kids and Dads want to do the zipline. So we were going for tour #2 but Carol (oscar's sister?) suggested we add the rainforest boat ride as well. Has anyone done this? Will our kids like this? How long should we plan on touring before it is too much? Carol also suggested the balck and white beaches ( I think they are two beaches) do I need to pay them to hang out while I sit on the beach? IS it better to do the tour thing and then take a cab to the beach?

HELP...I am overwhelmed!!!!!!!!:o

DH and I did an Oscar tour last year. If you're referring to the Tortuguerra (sp?) canal I would say "do it". It was very cool! Knowing that Costa Rica is mostly rainforest, we did bring little disposable plastic ponchos and we were the happiest people on the little boat.

There were no kids on our tour, but we were there in December and there were very few kids on the ship at the time.

We got to see lots of sloths, but no monkeys (because it was raining). A couple of lizards and different kinds of birds.

The guy driving our boat was absolutely fascinating. He was telling us how he came to live in Costa Rica by way of Nicaragua.

Our whole day with Oscar consisted of the canal boat ride, a ride around the island, stop at the Del Monte banana plantation, stop at a friend's house to get an up close and personal view of a sloth, and a stop for lunch. This was easily one of the best tours we've ever done.

Archived