Self Assist Debarking Time

jefffrompawpaw

When we received our debark notice the last day on Sunshine a couple weeks ago, our deck was listed as 10am for self-assist and 10:15 for leisure.

We chose leisure for once, figuring the 15 minutes wouldn't be worth the hassle. We were off the boat and through customs by 915...

They hadn't called the self-assist for those decks yet as we were leaving the ship.

First time cruiser leaving next month on carnival dream. What is self assist? This is prob the one thing o haven't seen while researching for this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Self assist is when you carry all your luggage off yourself and walk off boat with it when self assist is called. Usually soon after boat clears customs. The other option is putting luggage out the night before for the porters to take and then waiting for your group to be called to leave and then finding your luggage in terminal.

Self assist can get you off early if the entire boat doesn't choose it and there is a log jam. Or if customs doesn't cause a huge delay.

Hope that helps.

Self assist is when you carry all your luggage off yourself and walk off boat with it when self assist is called. Usually soon after boat clears customs. The other option is putting luggage out the night before for the porters to take and then waiting for your group to be called to leave and then finding your luggage in terminal.

Self assist can get you off early if the entire boat doesn't choose it and there is a log jam. Or if customs doesn't cause a huge delay.

Hope that helps.

That explains it very well. Thank you for taking your time to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hopefully nothing goes wrong. I just got off the Sunshine Saturday and we had to stop in Nassau to evacuate a crew member who had a stroke and then we had to slow down overnight due to rough seas. We were supposed to dock at 8 and we pulled up around 9:30. I was luggage tag 8 and got off the ship at noon.