Just Back From Diamond-4/24 Cruise

shelleybelly

Amoore, thanks for answering me so soon. That does sound awful! Seeing an animal so miserable would for sure ruin my day. I agree w/ you that the cruiselines need to be notified. I have no idea what the animal cruelty laws are like in Mexico, most likely not so great. That's one reason why I would never do one of those dolphin encounter type tours either, once you've seen a dolphin in the wild it seems like a crime to see one locked up. Good luck and keep me posted, I'll be happy to make a call to Princess or other lines if need be.

Tell me more about the massages on shore.

Do you book them ahead? Are they at all ports?

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=2>

<param name="day" value=7>

<param name="hour" value=5>

</applet>

Las Caletas: as you're riding over there on the boat, you'll see about 4 girls in white tanks/pants, those are the ones you'll book w/. About 1/2 to the beach a line started forming and the slots booked up really fast. You can get different types of massages, we got the 30 min upper body for $25.

<h3><font color=orange>Yvonne

<h6>

<font color=darkblue>

Norwegian Skyward "Our Honeymoon" 10/88 ~ S. Caribbean

Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas 3/98 ~ W. Caribbean Circle

Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas 3/15/02 ~ W. Caribbean Circle

Princess Cruise Star Princess 5/03/03 ~ Mexican Riviera

Princess Cruise Diamond Princess 4/24/04 ~ Mexican Riviera

Next Cruise ~ Hopefully The Aloha State

Yvonne - Sorry the Capt. & I missed this cruise with you, Brian & the folks. (I thought of you all last week.) As of today, we've reserved the 11/6 Diamond cruise. I assume the ship is much like the Star was for us last year: new, gorgeous, same general layout. Sounds like you had a great trip to Las Caletas (again, right?). Say hello to the family for me.

-- The Hag

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have no idea what the animal cruelty laws are like in Mexico, most likely not so great. That's one reason why I would never do one of those dolphin encounter type tours either, once you've seen a dolphin in the wild it seems like a crime to see one locked up. Good luck and keep me posted, I'll be happy to make a call to Princess or other lines if need be. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm with you on this point...I feel the same way about Stingray City on Grand Cayman. I'm always admonished for not doing these types of tours because the experience is supposedly so unique, but I just couldn't stand to be in the middle of a population of animals who's normal lifestyle has been so disrupted by us humans. It's a dirty shame. I'm off zoos, circuses and water parks as well...once I saw my first whale in Alaska, I could never go back to a water park.

And right - I don't think the animal cruelty laws in Mexico would measure up to what's supposed to be in place in the U.S.

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

"Ports: Mexico, what more can I say. You've seen one port city you've seen them all. We had a great time on this itinerary, but for me, I think the Caribbean is MUCH nicer. Glad we did this one, but don't feel the need to go back."

I enjoyed all the ports. Each one has their individual charms. PV for its long boardwalk, Mazatlan for the old town and finally Cabo for the harbor. I'm looking forward to my fourth cruise to these cities in November.

Hi Yvonne & Brian! Sure was great meeting you guys. Wish we could have spent some more time together. I have been meaning to ask how you liked your aft cabin? How much motion did you experience and would you choose it again? What cabin did you have? Chuck and I are considering relocating to an aft cabin on the Star in November. Just not sure though. Thanks for your input!

Alicia

**Anxiously Awaiting**

Star--11/7/04--Western Caribbean

Star--11/14/04--Eastern Caribbean

**Beautifully Done**

Diamond--4/24/04--Mexican Riviera

Star--10/18/03--Mexican Riviera

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PLHag:

Yvonne - Sorry the Capt. & I missed this cruise with you, Brian & the folks. (I thought of you all last week.) As of today, we've reserved the 11/6 Diamond cruise. I assume the ship is much like the Star was for us last year: new, gorgeous, same general layout. Sounds like you had a great trip to Las Caletas (again, right?). Say hello to the family for me.

-- The Hag<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Hag! So nice to see you again. I'm so excited for you to be going on the Diamond, you're gonna love it! Yes, similar to the Star but w/ some differences that are fun to discover. I liked how the Terrace Pool was uncovered, lots more sun and fun, if that's your thing.

Have a great trip! Hey, are you doing the TP like you had mentioned earlier?

Cheers!

<h6>

<font color=darkblue>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amccann:

Hi Yvonne & Brian! Sure was great meeting you guys. Wish we could have spent some more time together. I have been meaning to ask how you liked your aft cabin? How much motion did you experience and would you choose it again? What cabin did you have? Chuck and I are considering relocating to an aft cabin on the Star in November. Just not sure though. Thanks for your input!

Alicia<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Alicia! Sorry to be so slacky in responding, I've been trying to wean myself off this board a little at a time. icon_biggrin.gif

OK, keep this a secret between you & me, but we loved our aft cabin and I can't think of one that would be better than another on the back, I would assume you are a MS or VS kinda girl. OK, now for the negs, yes more motion, more noise cuz we had this gihugic air vent next to us (we were on Dolphin). But that's it. I say if you don't have a huge issue w/ motion, go for it, even then there's

Bonine!

We had one neighbor to our left and they had a VS vista suite, were on their honeymoon, so they were never out on the balcony or we could rarely hear them if they were.

But don't tell anyone any of this.

Are you excited for your back to back? Also, I'd love to hear from you when you get that big FedEx delivery.

Smiles icon_biggrin.gif

<h6>

<font color=darkblue>

Yvonne......wean yourself off this board..icon_confused.gif..there is life and other interests outside of cruising? Who would have known? Just kiddin'! I know what you mean though. CC is very addicting!

So glad to hear you guys liked your aft cabin. I guess it is such a personal thing though. I just don't know if the motion will bother me or not. I am not proned to motion sickness, but then again, I would kick myself if we changed our cabin and we didn't like it. I am not much of a risk taker. So with that in mind, I think I just talked myself out of it. Wow! Thanks for helping me make up my mind! icon_biggrin.gif

Chuck and I are starting to research the Caribbean ports and excursions. Last week we also changed from a balcony to a mini. There is a strong possibility that we might kill each other after two weeks in the smaller cabin, plus there was a nice minisuite promotion that we couldn't pass up. icon_wink.gif We made a promise to each other that after this trip, the FedEx delivery person will not be visiting us as often (or at all)!! But, problem is, if David and Helaine decide to join us, our plan could go all to heck! You know, it was all David's fault icon_wink.gif...he made me raise my hand.....over and over....and over again! He's such a bad infuence! I know, I know, I have to be strong right?! Be my own person! icon_cool.gif

Anyway, if you have any Caribbean must do's, please share!

Cheers!

Alicia

**Anxiously Awaiting**

Star--11/7/04--Western Caribbean

Star--11/14/04--Eastern Caribbean

**Beautifully Done**

Diamond--4/24/04--Mexican Riviera

Star--10/18/03--Mexican Riviera

YOU STINKER.......HAHAHAHAHA, MY FAULT, HUH???? OH WELL, I'LL SHOULDER THE BLAME AS LONG AS I DON'T HAVE TO BEAR THE EXPENSE. JUST YOU WAIT TILL NOVEMBER...YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD A ROOM JUST FOR THE ART. SAY HI TO CHUCK...LOVE YOU GUYS.

SEA YA, DAVID

Archived