Koningsdam's Hydro Pool

rkacruiser

We were on inaugural cruise. Temp in pool was up and down from day to day, as others have mentioned. When it was warm, it was quite nice. It was never crowded at all, and sometimes we had the pool to ourselves. I loved the falling rain around the edges, and the fiber optic streamers in the ceiling were pleasant to stare up at.

Minor first cruise glitches, I guess. The biggest tragedy was the automated beer taps were seldom functioning on the Lido. Newcastle Brown for 35 cents an ounce would have been nice, but machines were down most of cruise.

There were lots of techs from various companies on ship training, testing, and debugging still.

No, ship never felt crowded. Large or not - depends what you are used to. We were on the infamous RCL Anthem sailing in Feb...Now THAT is a big honking ship. Compared to when we were last on HAL (the Rotterdam to Norway in 2013, I think) this did feel bigger, but no, not huge.

Edited by Kite99