More price drops = more OBC

Rockjock64

I too don't understand the price drop credit.

If my cabin cost $700 six months ago and now the price has gone up to $900 but next week it drops to $850, does that mean I can get OBC?

Or is the credit for those who paid $900 then it drops to $850?

Edited by nemesees

If my cabin cost $700 six months ago and now the price has gone up to $900 but next week it drops to $850, does that mean I can get OBC?

If you book at $900 on a rate package that has price protection and the price drops to $800 before your final payment date you call in and have your PVP adjust your rate. If you pay $900 and the rate for your same category goes down to $800 after your final payment then you call your PVP and they make the adjustment in OBC. If you pay $900 for your room and they have a sale that offers the same rate but also gives OBC you call your PVP and they will change your rate to get the OBC. Sometimes the rate will go up slightly and they offer OBC with the promo and it is worth paying a little extra to get the OBC because you can still benefit when you look at the net difference.

I hope this helps.

No. It would need to go below $700 for you to get anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've noticed two price drops for our cruise and haven't gotten any onboard credit. How do I inquire or go about getting it?

You have to fill out a claim. You also had to have the gotten the saver plan that allows for the credit. The claim for is here: http://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I thought that's how it worked but wanted to make sure. Since we book nearly a year in advance, it could possibly be the lowest price offered as the prices go up the closer it gets to cruise time.

Thanks for the clarification.

I've noticed two price drops for our cruise and haven't gotten any onboard credit. How do I inquire or go about getting it?

Call Carnival my brother did not do price protection and he just received the same obc/discount that I got and I'm a VIFP and have price protection. He has neither but received obc for his booking in November on the Glory.

You will have to fill out the form. But the obc is applied to your account immediately.

Edited by len8tc919

• 4 weeks later...

I just submitted my second price drop, and it was approved right away, but it's odd - instead of dropping the price by the difference, they put a $50 OBC on my account (which is more than the price difference). Which I would be very happy about, but reading the fine print, it's only for shore excursions, not to use onboard (for spa or bar purchases, for instance). Since we weren't planning any shore excursions, I was going to call Carnival directly to find out what can be done.

Does this happen often, that OBC is limited to shore excursions?

KC

Today I noticed that my upcoming cruise (same category) is down $20 total, is there a limit on how many times you can request a price drop to be honored with an Early Saver Fare? Since we are prior to final payment would the price just reduce then after final payment it turns into OBC. Also curious on the previous poster saying it's only for excursions, we don't plan on taking any Carnival excursions.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I just submitted my second price drop, and it was approved right away, but it's odd - instead of dropping the price by the difference, they put a $50 OBC on my account (which is more than the price difference). Which I would be very happy about, but reading the fine print, it's only for shore excursions, not to use onboard (for spa or bar purchases, for instance). Since we weren't planning any shore excursions, I was going to call Carnival directly to find out what can be done.

KC

I don't have that "fine print" where did you see that?

I just received my second price drop for my March 2017 Dream cruise. The first was $40.00 and the second was $80.00. They have been really fast at processing the claims lately, I got confirmation within 30 minutes. I was happy with the price we booked at so this is just icing on the cake.

So, I'm confused. My TC said that because my cabin level sold out on the floor we booked on, that any other drops on other floors in the same category don't apply. Has anyone found this to be true?

No. It is based on you cabin category not the floor. Also, it has to be the same number of travelers in the room.

KC

Are you going to Cozumel? It probably is not your price drop. There is a promotion right now giving $50 off excursions in Cozumel.

I don't have that "fine print" where did you see that?

This was in the email confirmation:

GUEST NOTES

1) OBC is non-transferable/non-refundable. Applicable for shore excursion purchases only & cannot be used prior to sailing. Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. The future cruise credit must be used for bookings in USD currency within 24 months from the date of cancellation. If you find a lower cruise rate, based on the total cabin occupancy & not from the booked ancillary services, such as air, transfers, prepaid gratuities, or TF&PE. Price protection doesn’t apply to group rates, membership programs, charters, select promotional fares, travel agent rebates, or other travel agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public.

Are you going to Cozumel? It probably is not your price drop. There is a promotion right now giving $50 off excursions in Cozumel.

That's what I thought, that instead of giving me the $20 price drop they gave me the $50 promotion. The thing is, I don't want it - it wouldn't pay half of any excursion that we would consider taking in Cozumel, and we weren't going to take a Carnival shore excursion in any case.

I haven't had a chance to call yet, but I'll do so over the weekend, and let you know what the deal is.

KC