Haven't Cruised in a while - Thinking about Escape

Marfuz

Hi,

It's been several years since I last cruised, and I have a certificate that I have to use or lose by Nov 2016.

I'm thinking about Escape out of Miami. It would be a new ship, and new departure port for us. The sailing ports we've been to in the past and have enjoyed them.

A few questions:

• Any suggestions on a hotel/transportation in Miami? Am considering coming in a day or 2 early. Thoughts on what to see in Miami?
  • Does Escape seem similar to Breakaway in size? Breakaway was our largest ship and it was very big.
  • I've noticed that the prices for many of the the specialty restaurants seem to say Al la carte pricing, on the NCL site, which is different than what is was almost 3 years ago. It was $25 (as I remember) for Le Bistro and you could order as many appetizers and a meal as you wished. Any samples prices anyone could share.

Thank you.
    Michelle

Hi,

It's been several years since I last cruised, and I have a certificate that I have to use or lose by Nov 2016.

I'm thinking about Escape out of Miami. It would be a new ship, and new departure port for us. The sailing ports we've been to in the past and have enjoyed them.

A few questions:

• Any suggestions on a hotel/transportation in Miami? Am considering coming in a day or 2 early. Thoughts on what to see in Miami?
  • Does Escape seem similar to Breakaway in size? Breakaway was our largest ship and it was very big.
  • I've noticed that the prices for many of the the specialty restaurants seem to say Al la carte pricing, on the NCL site, which is different than what is was almost 3 years ago. It was $25 (as I remember) for Le Bistro and you could order as many appetizers and a meal as you wished. Any samples prices anyone could share.

Thank you.
    Michelle

Escape is larger than Breakaway, she's a Breakaway Plus. :) One extra deck, extended Waterfront, more hot tubs and many more extra's.

Escape is larger than Breakaway, she's a Breakaway Plus. :) One extra deck, extended Waterfront, more hot tubs and many more extra's.

And passengers, crowds, line ups , noise etc. Depends what you like from a cruise I guess, no one size fits all. If you enjoy relaxation, quiet time, and smaller quieter public areas, perhaps a smaller class of ship should be investigated. Just an opinion based on our February cruise on Escape. No more mega ships for this cruiser.

Edited by Macadian
Typo

Thank you for your feedback. I was concerned about the mega ship issue. Changing plans and heading to Hawaii, Pride of America was good to us before and DH decided he wanted to extend the budget and go back!

:)