Grand Lucayan vs Memories Day Pass - Freeport

NCLNewbie90

Hi guys!

I'll be cruising next month and we port in Nassau and Freeport. Nassau we already have a day pass at Breezes but for Freeport we were trying to decide between the Grand Lucayan day pass which is $20 but not allinclusive; or Memories which is right next door and is allinclusive for $80. I've read that Grand Lucayman is nicer but I'm afraid that paying out of pocket for the drinks and food is going to bring us right up to $80 anyway. Anyone have an experience at both of these resorts and which one would be a better value?

Thanks!

I have talked to the Grand Lucayan (last week) because we are there on a cruise the week of April 18, and they said they are not issuing day passes at this time. If they are at capacity at the hotel, I think they stop allowing day pass visitors.

I have talked to the Grand Lucayan (last week) because we are there on a cruise the week of April 18, and they said they are not issuing day passes at this time. If they are at capacity at the hotel, I think they stop allowing day pass visitors.

Thanks!! That's good to know!

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed them this morning and they this is their reply:

Good Morning,

Greetings from the Grand Lucayan Resort!

The resort does offer day passes at the cost of $20.00 for adults and $10.00 for children ages 6-12.

The pass gives you access to the property such as the pool, beach and lounge chairs.

We do suggest that you provide your own towels.

Passes can be purchased on retail street at the security gate.

I emailed them this morning and they this is their reply:

Good Morning,

Greetings from the Grand Lucayan Resort!

The resort does offer day passes at the cost of $20.00 for adults and $10.00 for children ages 6-12.

The pass gives you access to the property such as the pool, beach and lounge chairs.

We do suggest that you provide your own towels.

Passes can be purchased on retail street at the security gate.

Great !!!! I think they suspend day passes when the resort is at capacity, so this is perfect for our cruise next week! I was also wondering about towels, so this is great. Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
FlipFlopFun, were you able to go to Grand Lucayan Resort? If so, can you give details?

Thanks!

Jill

I would love an update on this as well. we will be in Freeport in June and I was hoping to check this place out.

thanks,

Sharon