Houston hub to Galveston

ojaidenny

What airport are you flying into? Bush International is closer to a two hour drive. Hobby airport is about 1 hour. Don't forget you have to get your bags at baggage claim, also.

Last time we came in a few early. Used Galveston Limosine (actually a shuttle bus) and stayed at the Tremont Hotel, which is a few blocks from the piers. The limo picked us up right at the pier and took us directly to the airport at the end of the cruise.

Their are many hotels on the island in all price ranges. Sorry I don't have the link to any Galveston websites handy.

Phil

We used Galveston Limousine, which is a shared van. The cost was comparable to the cruise line transfer price. The service was excellent. They drop you off to any location on Galveston Island. Here is their website address: http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/

We stayed at a very basic, but clean motel on the Seawall --- Best Western Beachfront at a cost of about $65/night. On the day of the cruise, we reserved a taxi (about $10 total for the two of us) and got to the cruise terminal in about 10 to 15 minutes.

Have a great trip.

You do not indicate when you are cruising, but coming in a day early is a good thing. I live in Deer Park a suburb east of Houston and getting to Galveston can be easy or hard. If you are coming in on friday, the afternoon traffic on I-45 is bad. Everyone trying to get home from work. If you a come in early am or after 7:00pm on friday, traffic is light and no worries. Galveston is a pretty neat place to hang out and see the sights, the Strand has a lot of interesting shops and things to see. The cruise terminals are a couple of blocks from the Strand. Do not know about transportation to and from the airports. Have a great cruise.

Thank You, I love basic but clean places to stay in a new town. We stayed at a great very local place in San Juan that was in the mist of the big boys. It was St. Patrick's Day and we were welcome to the locals party at the bar on the beach.

I also think we will fly in early Friday to be able to see a little of Galveston.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived