Agggghh! Emergency Question - Leaving Tomorrow

Golfette

:confused: Don't yell at me, but I've found something else to worry about. We're leaving tomorrow on Sapphire for Mexican Riviera. We have confirmed reservations for the "Golf Tour" at Cabo. Have checked weather reports & it looks like there'll be thunderstorms which are a big no-no on the golf course. If we have to cancel the Golf tour at the last minute will we still be charged? What is the general policy about cancelling booked & paid for tours? Don't worry, if I have to cancel, I'll still enjoy being on the ship - it won't ruin my cruise.

You can cancel and get a full refund by taking your tickets (which will be delivered to your cabin onboard) to the tour desk and telling them you want to cancel. Check the materials with your tickets and/or the Patter and/or talk to the tour desk when you get onboard because I think you have to cancel at least 24 hours before the tour, but it might be 48 hours.

Have a great trip and we'll hope for good weather for you! :)

Suggestion - go to your cruise personalizer right now and delete the excursion. That should do it. Once aboard, go to pursers desk and make sure it is showing up as deleted. Then Golfette - go the the Wheelhouse lounge and have a drink. Remember it is always 5pm somewhere:)

Shore excursions purchased through the ship can be cancelled for a full refund (one of the advantages) as long as it’s done by “closing” time for that particular port’s excursions. Normally that closing time is approximately 36 hours before the ship arrives at the port.

Given this is a golf tour and thunderstorms and golf don’t mix, would the trip automatically be cancelled? Check the information on the excursion to see if that’s the case. If that information isn’t available, check at the Shore Tours desk to see if that’s the case. If it is, you don’t have to worry about canceling yourself. If not, remember the 36 hour rule (closing times for shore tours are posted outside the tour desk and are included in tour ordering information).

Don't worry about the weather!!

Most of the time, whenever you look at the weather forcast in a location that is hot/humid (ex: Caribbean, Mexico), it will predict RAIN... however, most of the time, it will NOT rain!!!

Have a wonderful SUNNY trip!!

Again, I am indebted to you all for your excellent information & advice. Since Cabo is our last stop, we will have ample time to discuss this with the ship tour people when we board & see what they say. This is the most expensive golf of the 3 courses we're playing. With the ship leaving Cabo at 2 p.m. we don't have a lot of leeway if a thunderstorm starts. Thanks for all your good wishes & I'll miss you on the cruise!:D

Again, I am indebted to you all for your excellent information & advice. Since Cabo is our last stop, we will have ample time to discuss this with the ship tour people when we board & see what they say. This is the most expensive golf of the 3 courses we're playing. With the ship leaving Cabo at 2 p.m. we don't have a lot of leeway if a thunderstorm starts. Thanks for all your good wishes & I'll miss you on the cruise!:D

Be aware that if you book through the cruise line, the ship will not leave if your excursion is delayed.

Don't worry about the weather!!

Most of the time, whenever you look at the weather forcast in a location that is hot/humid (ex: Caribbean, Mexico), it will predict RAIN... however, most of the time, it will NOT rain!!!

Have a wonderful SUNNY trip!!

That is SO true

Storms blow in and out of these areas so fast, its all a part of the tropics.

When we were in Costa Maya a couple weeks ago we watched from our thatched hut on the beach as a storm came, passed over us and went in a matter of about a half hour. It happens all the time.

When we lived in the midwest I would look at the weather forecast for Florida and the ports we would be visiting and worry because rain was forecast every day. What they don't say is that it will rain at some time during the day, not all day long like it might have in Kansas.

You'll have a great vacation!

Archived