Back to the Adriatic

We are going again in September on Celebration, and as with the Caribbean earlier this year we intend to try something different in the POC.

Firstly in Corfu we are looking for a beach with the usual beds, umbrellas and somewhere to eat:p, it looks like Thomson do a transfer to Glyfada beach and its only £13, sounds reasonable, unless someone knows a better one as we have never been to any.

Also in Kotor I can recall someone last year on CC talking about a nearby town with loads of character which the locals had provided transport to from the dock area just cant remember its name any ideas.

It will also be our first time into Rijeka and Durres so any thoughts on these ports would be much appreciated, if the port/town area is ok we prefer just a walk and a decent bar:p when its a new location for us.:)

Think we have most of the others covered unless someone has a fantastic beach location that would suit two oldies:rolleyes:

Glyfada beach is very nice and for £13 would be very easy.

One I love however is Paleocastitsa (sp?). But it's more than 10 years since I've been. So what I am remembering as a very peaceful location with one beach bar and one hotel may now be a resort.:eek::eek:.

Can't help with any of the others, sorry.

We did a trip to Paleokastritsa (Google it Vera xx)on our last day in Corfu as we had a late flight and it was a beautiful place.

Sorry, I was feeling lazy.:)

Did you know you had to wait 60 seconds between posts? I just had a message telling me to wait.

Was the bus from town or the terminal, looks like we might be doing this one, we did follow Linda's advice last year and that was good😀

We got on in town, but I'm not sure if it was the terminal or not sorry.

Was the bus from town or the terminal, looks like we might be doing this one, we did follow Linda's advice last year and that was good😀

We got on in town, but I'm not sure if it was the terminal or not sorry.

I remember it was quite busy though.

We also went to Paleokastritsa and would recommend it. We hopped on the bus and it was only a few euros each way but this was when we were staying at a hotel in Gouvia which is about 10 mins outside Corfu town itself (hotel stay after the cruise). I guess it might take about an hour or so to get there from the town centre but the bus would definitely take you there. Here's a useful link for bus times:

http://www.paleokastritsa-bliss.com/transportation.php