Sea day dining? Anything special?

OurDogCisco

First time sailing on Carnival. Do they have a special menu on Sea Day? Is it formal night? I'll be on the June 11th sailing and there is only one sea day. Not sure if we should skip the main dining to eat in a speciality restaurant?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

First time sailing on Carnival. Do they have a special menu on Sea Day? Is it formal night? I'll be on the June 11th sailing and there is only one sea day. Not sure if we should skip the main dining to eat in a speciality restaurant?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sea Days are usually the elegant night dinners. We always do brunch in the dining room on sea days as well.

At-Sea Day is indeed a nice day to do brunch and just walk around the ship.

Sea-Day tend to be the days that I have my group gather for an afternoon of playing games and just relaxing on our balcony having drinks too.

We're on the inaugural cruise for Vista and we have 3 at-sea days... Going to be fun indeed!!

On the June 11th sailing because the sea day in near the middle of the cruise it's rumored that an elegant night will NOT be the sea day night.

Carnival likes to have the elegant nights (when 2) early and late in the cruise. See the link under: Cruise Elegant Evenings.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

Not sure if it will help, but I was able to confirm for our July 1 cruise (8 nights) that the elegant nights would be the sea day (second night) and the next to last night - we get back onboard following our Palma stop at 5:00pm, the earliest of any of our port days.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

It won't let me edit the post, we have the 2nd elegant night following Marseilles, not Palma. (We have steakhouse reservations for the last night following Palma!)

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

Yeah! We're on the inaugural cruise and mad dinner reservations at Culcina del Capitano for the 2nd night of the cruise. Guess we're going to miss formal night. Oh well! No big deal for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk