Oscar tour help in Costa Rica

kgn

I posted this onthe Costa Rica board but thought I might try here as well....

We are ont he Coral in December and are trying to book a tour with Oscar. I need some suggestions. WE are two families (4 kids 15 - 8)

arriving at 6:30am (but woudl prefer to not have to be any where until 9ish) and are set to depart at 7pm. The kids and Dads want to do the zipline. So we were going for tour #2 but Carol (oscar's sister?) suggested we add the rainforest boat ride as well. Has anyone done this? Will our kids like this? How long should we plan on touring before it is too much? Carol also suggested the balck and white beaches ( I think they are two beaches) do I need to pay them to hang out while I sit on the beach? IS it better to do the tour thing and then take a cab to the beach?

HELP...I am overwhelmed!!!!!!!!:o

Kgn, Go to the Celebrity Boards to find out about Oscar Brown tours. We took one of his tours. Make sure you get on the air conditioned bus, and not in the van. The ac in the van did not work properly, and it was 90 out. All in all, it was not very pleasant.

We did the Oscar Brown tours #1 and #2 in Puerto Limon in July. Oscar met us at the pier with an AC van - it held about 10 people. He was with us for the whole day...did the zipline, tour of the city, banana plantation (although the inside was closed when we arrived there), bought coffee. There was no extra charge for him staying with us - it was booked as a package for the day. I think it was $115 each for these tours, which you could not do from the ship as a combo. He was supposed to offer water and drinks for the day, but we didn't see that...so ask up front about that.

We also did the rainforest boat ride....saw two very small alligators, a couple slouth, some birds, police boat agency where they take boats they have confiscated for drugs...this was pretty interesting, lots of very nice boats there, etc..not much wildlife, but it was a nice ride, green with lots of vegetation...although your kids may be bored on it.

It was a fun day and he took us to some places we wouldn't have gotten on a larger bus. He is very flexible, if you want to see something or charge the iteniary, he will do it as you are going along...so shouldn't be a problem with your kids...he will take you to the beach or back to the ship whenever..

Good luck:)

Archived