5 hours in Nassau

lucyw17

The cruise I am on will be in Nassau from 8 am - 1 pm. Not nearly enough time but it is what it is. I was looking into getting a day pass. I have been looking at Melia and the British Colonial Hilton. The Melia appeals to me the most out of the two. Do you think its feasible to do the Melia. How hard is it to get a taxi from the Melia? I know the Hilton is within walking distance but it's not my first choice.

The cruise I am on will be in Nassau from 8 am - 1 pm. Not nearly enough time but it is what it is. I was looking into getting a day pass. I have been looking at Melia and the British Colonial Hilton. The Melia appeals to me the most out of the two. Do you think its feasible to do the Melia. How hard is it to get a taxi from the Melia? I know the Hilton is within walking distance but it's not my first choice.

It's not hard at all getting a taxi from the Melia--they're all lined up outside ready to take you anywhere, since it's a hotel. I have been to both properties and like them both. If you prefer the Melia, then do it. Either way, it will be a morning beach time for you. Just make sure you leave the Melia around noon to allow yourself time for sailaway. I believe that the BCH grill/bar area doesn't open until 11:00am, so to get your money's worth, you'd have to do some quick eating and drinking. Also, they are not the fastest there.

That being said, I am doing a day pass at the BCH in two weeks, but my ship is in port for 9 hrs. and I haven't been there in a couple of years. I have gone to the Cable Beach area the past several cruises. If I were on your itinerary and needed to pick between these two, I'd definitely do the Melia. It is gorgeous on Cable Beach. And there is the Daq Shack right across the street for the BEST dacquiris ever. Either one will be a good choice.

One other option would be to just go to Junkanoo Beach (next door to BCH) and not pay anything. Hang out and then enjoy a drink or two from the TikiBikini Hut and/or Fat Tuesdays. That's probably what I would do.

Have a fun cruise!

Edited by nodogkisses