Newbie Question on Specialty Restaurants

Shepsue

Good morning all:

After being long time Celebrity cruisers, my wife and I will be sailing Koningsdam in December for our annual cruise. On Celebrity, you can get discounted prices for the various specialty restaurants, usually by reserving them as a package on the first day of the cruise or if specialty restaurant bookings are lagging, the Maitre D' sometimes offers daily discounts to fill the empty tables.

Does HA offer something like either of these? Thank you.

Edited by Shepsue

They have an "Evenings in the Pinnacle" package for 2 dinners for $52 pp, a savings of just $6 pp. The Signature Dining Package gives you one PG dinner and one Canaletto dinner for $35 pp, a savings of $4 pp. I don't find a package that includes the Tamarind.

So far there is nothing offered for advance booking of the new Sel de Mer, either in a package or separately.

I don't recall any "daily discounts" being offered on any of our cruises.

Edited by jtl513

As previously stated, there are some small discounts when you purchase in advance via the HAL website. Of course HAL sometimes offers free speciality dinners with their promotions and if you are using a travel agent, many can provide you with a free speciality dinner.

Two more speciality dinners not mentioned are the Cellar Master’s Dinner and Evening at Le Cirque. Neither of these offer a discount, but are worth looking into.

Le cirque is not offered on our Koningsdam Baltic and fjords sailing, De Libreje is offered twice. The only packages are the ones mentioned above.

I have contacted Hal again and was once again simply directed to the website, so at this stage I think you have to either wait until sailing or book them individually. Hal's other large ships do offer packages with Tamarind so it is strange that this is not the case on their newest and largest.

Personally we are waiting to hear reports from the first couple of sailings before we pre book too much

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk