Alaska ports with a 14 month old - need a car seat?

Shutterbug623

Hi - we're doing Alaska in June with our 14 month old. I'm just starting to do research on port excursions, etc for Haines, Juneau, and Ketichikan on HAL. What we're really wondering is if we will need a car seat with us. We'd rather not drag one along if we don't have to, but we also don't want to get stuck because we don't have one. Any advice? Thanks.

Hi - we're doing Alaska in June with our 14 month old. I'm just starting to do research on port excursions, etc for Haines, Juneau, and Ketichikan on HAL. What we're really wondering is if we will need a car seat with us. We'd rather not drag one along if we don't have to, but we also don't want to get stuck because we don't have one. Any advice? Thanks.

I would first check with the cruise line about car seats. If you take ship excursions you probably won't need the car seat.

If you plan on doing private excursions I would check directly with the company that runs the excursion.

it's going to depend on what you're doing.... obviously, if you are going in a car (or taxi) you will need a car seat. It's not up to the cruise line, or even the advice of people on here.... it's the law.

it's going to depend on what you're doing.... obviously, if you are going in a car (or taxi) you will need a car seat. It's not up to the cruise line, or even the advice of people on here.... it's the law.

In some states and provinces , taxi's are not required to use child car seats.

car seats are required in Alaska even in taxis and limos. They are not required in tour buses... so again, I'd decide first what you want to do, and then you will know if a car seat is needed.