Tri-Sport was great! Lucky Stables too

kennysahr

Hey,

Just got back from the Oct 1-8th Caribbean Princess cruise and we had a great time at Tri-Sport. We booked it ourselves (not with Princess) and did the mountain biking tour of the island. It was the two of us plus a very nice guide. He took us where we wanted to go and was patient as we needed breaks after the uphill parts. It was challenging, but I loved it -- it was fun sweating up a storm while touring the island.

After we finished, we crossed the street to eat at a local deli - delicious garden salad - and then took a taxi to Lucky Stables (you could walk it if you're not tired). We showed them our voucher and though they didn't know we were coming, they gave my wife a fun one-hour horseback riding ride/tour which ended in the water. I spent the time resting my legs and drinking water and Gatorade! :) And walked a bit, but there's not much shopping in the Simpson Bay area.

On the way out, they told us that instead of a taxi we could take a bus (a "service taxi" -- a van -- is what this size car is called where we're from). We did, $1 each, and got to meet the locals.

We got off at a music store and did some shopping before walking back to the ship.

It was the most fun day of our cruise. We wanted to do an outdoor activity and we did it - a lot more fun than seeing the place by bus with a group of other tourists. That's fun too, but if you're in shape (which is a rarity these days it seems for most Americans!), go for it - its an experience you'll never forget.

Archived